Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Her first shed...

How long do snakes generally live? Well, Selena ate again today...I figured I would offer her some worms and she gobbled them up! She was looking for more! So, I guess I am not feeding her too much. It's okay to feed her daily then? Perhaps alternating between a pinkie one day and some worms the next?

Selena and I had a bonding session today. She insisted on staying wrapped around her little fake bush...but I held the bush with her in it in my hand and she popped her head out and starred at me for a while. She kept inching her head out...trying to decide if she should go into my hand...she finally decided not to...so I put her back in her enclosure and figured...it was some progress.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Banned

Pythons can live 30 years I believe. Garters vary. 10-13 years in captivity is pretty typical but I've had Oregon Red Spotted garters live 20 years.

Next time, try offering her a worm when she comes out to you like that. Food is the universal "olive branch". She'll come to trust you when she thinks of you as someone who brings her food.

Mama's pretty large and I think she's beautiful as an adult, she has a different face shape than the other garters I've found in my area. My yearling, Runt, is a baby and she's adorable how she is right now. Her head is smaller than my pinkie fingernail, and she has these cute big eyes and an adorable innocent face, but I'm really interested in seeing how she looks when she's an adult. My male adult, Snakey, has kept his "cute, innocent" face that he's had since he was a baby. I don't know if Mama's changed at all since I caught her as an adult.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)