Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: de-worming ???

Banned

Re: de-worming ???

Thanks for the link. A vet is out of the question. They won't even do lab work or see the animal if they know it's a garter. But, like I said, I can tell my vet in private what I need the panacure for and he might be willing to advise a course of action and sell me the drugs.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi Guys,
    is it safe to use panacur on pregnant garter Snakes??

Banned

That's what I wanted to know. But technically, garters do not get pregnant. She is only holding eggs until they are ready to hatch so we call it "gravid" There is no direct connection to the mother for nutrients. There is only gas exchange so I would think it's safe once the eggs have been fertilized. Anything that doesn't interfere with gas exchange or cause the mother to abort would be safe I would think. In theory you could actually put fatal amounts of poison in the mothers bloodstream but the babies in their eggs would be safe as long as they were to hatch before the mother died, since their blood and nutrients are separate from the mothers.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

Ive had little experience with this and was told panacur will kill the offspring of a gravid female by a reliable soarce but dont know for sure, who wants to take the chance? Maybe you, ConcinnusMan, should try it since your all about "We can do better" and let us know how it goes for ya

I definitely wouldn't try it. It can probably wait until after the snake has given birth.

Banned

Certainly can't hurt to give it to the hypoery male I have. He's been eating very well but he seems so thin. Also feels very light and kinda stiff. I mean, he just doesn't feel right to me. I've never had such problems with snakes before. I'm kinda worried about him.