Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Some of my pets

Re: Some of my pets

2 Rats (Chubby Balls and ernie) My snakes didn't eat one time and my girlfriend loves fancy rats.

I am the rat loving girlfriend that "forced" my poor fuzzy hating boyfriend to keep these cute little guys. And his name is not Chubby Balls....it's Chubby Nuts. Oh, and the reason he switched to f/t was because his ball python is stupid and can't kill her food without getting hurt.

I'm sorry you have to see his poor spelling skills also. His speaking skills aren't much better. I'm trying to train him, but I'm pretty sure it's a hopeless case. I still love him though (most of the time).

I'm Brook BTW. We might try to get a garter sometime. I like the Santa Cruz garters the most, but we'll see. Well, I'm finished ragging on the boyfriend for now, so have a good one and enjoy our animal pictures.

"Third shed, A Success" tikichick's Avatar

That's awesome! I bet raccoons are a trip!
    "Mai kolohe i ka mo' o o lele ka pali" -
    Do not bother lizards or you'll fall off a cliff.

Old and wise snake

i had a baby racoon at one time when i was a kid they turn out to be mean little pets.. had to donate it to the local zoo.. I do miss it from time to time tho..
    Thanks, ~*Natalie*~

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

I think a wolf would be awesome!!
    I know my daughter would be overjoyed -- she is all about wolves lately. Where does one get a pet wolf, by the way? Although my husband would probably toss me out on my rear if I brought one home.........
    Anji

Why not just buy a dog, it's the same species anyway.

Belive it or not my sis and I (see Brook i can sometimes say it correctly. but spelling thatz hrd) when we where 7 and 8 found our first one out in the woods. it looked kinda like one of our dogs. It took a liking to us and we thought it was a stray so we brought it home. ( this is most definitly not a behavior i have instilled in my children.) my mother took it to the vet and got it a clean bill of health. He told us it was a wolf, by the time we found that out it was already a member of the family. smart, smart dogs it knew if you where family or not. no one was allowed in the house if they where not family unless we brought them in. but he never attacked, i belive he would've if we had ever been in a life and death situation. i remember at christmas we bought our dogs presents (chew toys etc) wrap them and place them under the tree about a week before christmas. he would dig out his present and keep guard over it but would'nt open it until christmas morning when we told him he could. he passed years ago from old age. i am not sure were my mother got the ones she has now. but the father is just as smart she caught him one thanksgiving opening the fridge getting an 18 pound turkey out, closing the the fridge going out back and opening the the wrapper eating and them he buried the evidence. for about 2 months she had alot of food missing from the fridge and was thinking that the kids had been eating it and not telling her. after she caught the dog she dug around the area and found hundreds of empty wrappers in the ground.

as for why get a wolf. Why get one type of garter and not another. a wolve may be the species but so is a basset hound and a goldie but they have complete different looks and personalities. beside's most of our dogs where strays or rescues from the pound. i have only bought one dog in my life and that was my hound (floppy) the ex sold him i had no where to keep him.

I am pretty sure you can find breeders of hybrds for wolves am not sure.

You're absolutely right, they have completely different traits. But that's also the reason why you shouldn't get a wolf and especially not a hybrid.

I've had my share of wolf hybrids come into the rescue. It's a nightmare. I don't know why people breed them. So far, they have all had to be euthanised for aggression issues, tho it was not the wolves' fault... they were just being what they were. The hybrids are SO different from dogs it's not funny.
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charlet_2007 View Post
    i had a baby racoon at one time when i was a kid they turn out to be mean little pets.. had to donate it to the local zoo.. I do miss it from time to time tho..
    We took in the raccoon because my dogs had killed her mother. She did get rough, but not so much mean. We raised her i hopes to return her to the wild which happened when she was a year old. I had a few squirrels and other animals we sent back to the wild also. It's nice seeing them go back to where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    You're absolutely right, they have completely different traits. But that's also the reason why you shouldn't get a wolf and especially not a hybrid.
    I agree with you. Getting a wolf is not for most people. We didn't "get" IT, it followed us home since my family is very good with dogs it just knew we where in charge.
    For starters you have to be a very good pack leader. You must ensure that the dog knows all members of the family are pack leaders. Also all members need to know how to be. The owners also need to look at the attitude before getting it. It's the same with snakes there are several that should not be sold but are. I don't think most wolves are able to be pets. i also don't think most people are able to handle wolves as pets you really need to know how to handle them. I still stand by my statement that my wolves are the best dogs I have ever had but I don't think others should try it with out all the facts.