Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: First time babies

Could be, but i agree they look like easterns! Maybe peck will chime in on his opinion! I think he has worked with some butlers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff b View Post
    are you located in the southern part of ontario? My first thought was butlers garter when i saw them, but i do not have any personal experience with them and didn't know if they ranged that far north, but i googled and butlers do extend into southern ontario.
    Anyone on the forum ever kept butlers garter?
    Bluesirtalis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intra View Post
    DAM I love those!!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    Could be, but i agree they look like easterns! Maybe peck will chime in on his opinion! I think he has worked with some butlers.
    Those don't look like butleri at all, classic sirtalis sirtalis!!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHSNAKE View Post
    Those don't look like butleri at all, classic sirtalis sirtalis!!
    i agree sirtalis sirtalis heres one i relocated last year

20141011_213134-1.jpg

Hi, I'm New Here!

I don't post much and mostly lurk but this whole thread has been exciting and funny and informative and i just wanted you all to know that, haha. Congrats on the babies!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeBlack View Post
    I don't post much and mostly lurk but this whole thread has been exciting and funny and informative and i just wanted you all to know that, haha. Congrats on the babies!
    stop lurking n start posting lol

Update: Its been two weeks now. All but 3 having been eating a mixture of pinky and worm pieces. Only one of the three picky eaters is noticeably smaller, the other two look healthy (so maybe they ate once before). Unfortunately one of these 3 is an albino. I put these 3 in a separate tank to ensure they would have a fair chance at the food. Tonight I placed some live fish in a shallow dish, but no luck yet.

Also, I have not seen any of them shed. Makes me think they shed right after birth, but I never saw the sheds.

Update: Its been two weeks now. All but 3 having been eating a mixture of pinky and worm pieces. Only one of the three picky eaters is noticeably smaller, the other two look healthy (so maybe they ate once before). Unfortunately one of these 3 is an albino. I put these 3 in a separate tank to ensure they would have a fair chance at the food. Tonight I placed some live fish in a shallow dish, but no luck yet.

Also, I have not seen any of them shed. Makes me think they shed right after birth, but I never saw the sheds.
    yes their first shed is immidiately afer being born and should shed in 2-3 weeks after being born. did you try offering salmon or tilapia?

They shed right after birth and that shed material is more like ash compared to the rest of the sheds they will have in life.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Thanks for the update! Keep working, babies are a handful, but I love it! Keep asking questions when you have them anyone on here is happy to help. We would do the same for any litter of scrubs, but new WC albino genes tend to make everyone extra attentive.