Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Expecting greeny blue things that may be orange and ditto on the big chessboard.

Hoping all goes well Greg.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Re: Expecting greeny blue things that may be orange and ditto on the big chessboard.

Cheers mate. On another note, forgot to mention yesterday, I can report a sudden weight jump for Squaw (the big checkered girl). 99% sure she's attempting a litter.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Can you just recap Greg, of John's snakes -
    Florida Blues - both passing jellies?
    Normal checkered - gravid and looking good so far.
    Albino checkered - ?

And none of the girls you already had are looking gravid (did I read in another thread that Fawn passed jellies again this year or am I mixing up your snakes)?
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I hope that she continues to pass everything, Greg. Keep us posted.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

DSC_1196.jpgDSC_1195.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    Can you just recap Greg, of John's snakes -
    Florida Blues - both passing jellies?
    Normal checkered - gravid and looking good so far.
    Albino checkered - ?

And none of the girls you already had are looking gravid (did I read in another thread that Fawn passed jellies again this year or am I mixing up your snakes)?
    Fawn was earlier in the year. Normal checkered is looking promising as far as weight gain and feeding response. Albino is simply growing at a normal rate. Rusty passed a lot of slugs a while back. Marina has passed 3 slugs ... And has just presented me with a stillborn.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

I'm holding out hope you'll get at least 1 little scrub out of the deal.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

The checkered girl has a good track record from last year. You should have some scrubs from her at least.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Nothing to report so far today, some orange goo during the night. She's still very active.

Still nothing else to report. Marina is still restless, a gentle feel has me thinking there's still more to come. I'm hoping she clears things soon.

On another note - Rusty has me thinking again. She passed quite a number of slugs over a long time a while back (just over a month ago) but yesterday had me pondering her girth. Any weight lost has rolled back on very quickly and she is showing some serious scale spread.

In both cases of the Florida blue girls I believe there is more to come. The only way I can explain it to myself is that both of them had started to produce egg-masses before the winter. I judge this mostly be the fact that the slugs have been a dark orange and relatively solid, as opposed to being light orange, soft and pliable. It is similar to the slugs produced by Suzy when she delivered last year and both my vet's and my opinions reached a concord of her having started egg-mass production prior to brumation. John had had them with the male and they were then separated last year.

I can only assume that the drop in temperatures in his snake room prompted both their refusal to eat as well as a halt in the development of viable embryos. On arriving at mine they were presented both with optimal temperatures as well as an abundance of food. I believe this has triggered them to finish what they started and in Rusty's case even to possibly re-attempt a litter.

Hope all turns out alright for them.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!