Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: First breedings of 2013

I guess so.
    -Greg
    1.1T.s. concinnus, 1.1 T.s. parietalis, 1.0 T.s. semifasciatus, 0.1 T. radix
    "Garters are predictable. Predictably variable" - Neil Balchan

Adult snake

Due to small litters in 2012, I didn't get one of the snakes I had preordered. Scott offered a refund or a credit toward what he had left. I took the credit, paid the difference, and got a pair of something else. Problem solved.
    Not that Steve, a different Steve

Banned

Well then, no problem to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg'sGarters View Post
    But he majorly advertised the fact that he will have them this year...
    Not really. It was never advertised as a fact.

but also the fact that he is advertising them when there is no guarantee.
    So? There never is a guarantee that any will be produced (and no guarantee is given other than you will get all your money back or credit) and he has always accepted pre-orders for litters that were reasonably expected. That goes for all his expected litters, even if they aren't new morphs. Getting in early with a pre-order also gives you a significant discount on the price you will pay in the end. That even applies if you're "only" buying say, an anery red sided.

Look, there's a lot of things that Scott says and does that I don't like or agree with, but none of what you are saying is among those things. There's nothing at all wrong with the business end of what we are talking about here. There's no false advertising or anything wrong here.

I'm just saying that because of the fact that nothing can be guaranteed, I refuse to take anyone's money until they are born. If someone wants one, all they have to do is ask for one and I will hold it aside for them when it is born. I feel like by not taking their money, I really stress that no promises can be made. Plus with the way that I look at it, someone shouldn't have to give you money for you to hold a snake aside for them especially before the snake is even born.
    -Greg

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

I think the reason he takes a deposit up front is to make sure the customer is serious. You will learn that customers change their minds or get busy and lose interest while waiting on babies to be born so with a deposit you know they indeed want the snake and you don't get stuck feeding all those babies for six months. I have customers every year that call me up and order snakes, but i never take a deposit and by the time the snakes are born some of them don't want the snakes any more so you end up with a good bit of babies that you have to continue feeding until sold and if you produce 200+ babies that can take a lot of time out of your schedule. I think preorders is a great idea because you could have most of your babies sold before they are born so all you have to do is feed them about 3 or 4 good meals and ship. It's like being on a waiting list and if he don't produce enough babies to supply everyone he will refund you the deposit or send you something else because it's a first come first serve basis. You have to put your foot in his shoe for a minute because of demand he produces a ton of babies every year and you don't want to get stuck with a lot of extra mouths to feed.
    I'm just saying that because of the fact that nothing can be guaranteed, I refuse to take anyone's money until they are born. If someone wants one, all they have to do is ask for one and I will hold it aside for them when it is born. I feel like by not taking their money, I really stress that no promises can be made. Plus with the way that I look at it, someone shouldn't have to give you money for you to hold a snake aside for them especially before the snake is even born.
    Bluesirtalis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

Scott Felzer has been taken deposits on baby snakes for a long time, since he kept other stuff other then gartersnakes...soooo shut up...you dont have to give him a dime if you dont want to.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Ed i know you don't get to post a lot of pics, but if you produce any pieds this year please post a few for us.
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHSNAKE View Post
    Scott Felzer has been taken deposits on baby snakes for a long time, since he kept other stuff other then gartersnakes...soooo shut up...you dont have to give him a dime if you dont want to.
    Ight, I don't want anything negative so lets just agree to disagree.
    -Greg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHSNAKE View Post
    Well!

"so shut up" LoL. Funny, but not really necessary. Jeez Joe, bite the guys head off why don't you.

Old and wise snake

I promise to post pics if I get any baby Pieds this year.