Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
That sounds really cool. I would like to make a display cage like that someday to have in the family room. Can't wait to see pics of the finished product.
It's not as easy to create as it looks to be, I can tell you that. There will have to be another weekend for adding a second layer of fiberglass, a day or two of hardening, another weekend to add resin and finish, more curing, grinding, cutting, sanding, etc...

But I can't stop now. I'll see it through. Just to let everyone know, I got the inspiration for building this from this thread by De Foezel: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/show...ight=polyester

I just want to create a cover similar to his, but removable, (and hopefully one that snakes won't get under) to contain water and pump for a little waterfall. It seems this is going to be a bit complicated so I'm leaning toward fake ferns and plants that look very real but will create the same basic effect I'm looking for. After all, it doesn't matter how "cool" it looks. It must be easy to maintain and must provide proper environment for my garters, first and foremost.