Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Re: Looking for suggestions for my first garter :)

I have a viv with three females of three species. I have a viv with two females of the same species. I have one with two males of two species. I have one with a male and two females of one species (all around 8 months old). I have another with a single male.
    It's a case of your personal choice, which should be based on the best husbandry for the snakes you keep. How you split them depends exactly what you settle on buying. My thoughts from what you've mentioned so far would be to have have them split by sex rather than species, I don't think your considering species that anyone would advise against cohabiting.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

So I should do the two males in one tank, and the two females in another. That would work as well, as long as they get along

"Fourth shed, A Success" thamneil's Avatar

They will. For the most part, garter species can be mixed, assuming they are of the same sex and similar size of course.
    Neil
    The Thamnophis Aficionado

Okay I think I have what I want down, I just have to wait for the weather to warm up. In the mean time, I have tanks to set up