Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuddles!

Re: Cuddles!

Oh good to know that they were all heat treated...you are right on top of everything, Ashley. Your enclosure looks awesome and he looks very happy in there. Cuddles is so cute. Yeah...my snakes do the "stretch up the glass" thing too. It's so cute...has he ever done it and then fallen down? It's really funny when they do that! Or when they try to lay on the temp and humidity gauges and then fall off...lol.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I used to have a lizard, and when I caught her I took some things from her natural habitat. I had to treat those, so I remembered!

He's fallen down a few times haha. He's never fallen off the gauges. I have some pictures from Montana where he would sit on top of them, right under the heat lamp. I'd even leave the tank open so he could bask easier (under my supervision!).
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Ours are frequently heard falling from the plants in their viv. Eskerina is so proficient at falling that I've considered renaming her... "Timber!", or "Wheeeeeee", or "BungyOooops". If a snake could have an embarassed she would.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Garters are so hysterical sometimes! Gotta love em...
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

Does wood need to be treated if you live in a cold area? Can mites survive cold temps?
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett

I'd do it just in case.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Light of Dae's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snakehill View Post
    Does wood need to be treated if you live in a cold area? Can mites survive cold temps?
    I'd say yes. Lol I burn wood for heat and I'll bring in logs from outside covered in snow and wouldn't you know it as soon as its warmed up there may be bugs n spiders crawling on said frozen log. Lol I've hatched baby spiders cause there was a egg sac attached to one log n within a week the sac was empty! Bugs n such are made to survive winter.
    3.2 T.Marcianus, 1.2 T.Sirtalis, 1.0 Zacapu, 1.0 T.Radix
    0.1 Banana Cali King Snake
    0.1 BoxerXRottie Mutt

I'd been at my computer for a while tonight (well...this morning, since it's after 1am) and when I started to get up I noticed a little head peeking over a log and staring right at me.
    SAM_1645.jpg
    I think he was trying to tell me something...it's bedtime!
    We used to keep pretty regular hours in Montana. Lights - including his lamp - off by midnight, a little bit of light around 6am when I got up to work at the high school, and then it was time to wake up at about 8:30 before classes.
    Now I'm up until 2am or later sometimes - sometimes with the light going off and then coming back on later. Unfortunately for Cuddles, my insomnia means it takes me an eternity to fall asleep, and I get restless and get up and do things to try to make myself tired. By the time the light finally goes off it's 3 or 4am, and it doesn't come back on until 1pm!
    Sometimes I catch him watching me once it's past midnight. I think he knows that it's supposed to be bedtime and wonders why the light is still on.

Then again, maybe he's just exploring...although he was never out of his hide after 11pm when we were still in Montana!
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar

SCOUSER

[QUOTE=chris-uk;196509]Good photos. Good looking snake, I like the red stripe with the muted colours on the sides.

You call that a scar? I'll show you a scar.

did any body else hear the music from jaws while reading the above?....dun dun..dun dun..dun dun
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

SAM_1647.jpg
    An hour later he was still watching me, and continued to do so until I finally got in bed. When I had to get up and go to the bathroom half an hour after turning the light out, I noticed that he had curled up in his log hides.
    Ashley
    1.0.1 T. ordinoides
    Cuddles, Scar