Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Re: 2016 pastel het granite....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytradix View Post
    please explain....
    As I said in post# 10 of this thread "i can't explain it". I do have a suspicion on how it may have surfaced as a albino though. And that is bc of the countless possibilities combinations of genes produces in the mating of two individuals. All snakes are genetically different. Only maternal twins possess the same genetic makeup. These pastels also are het for granite and have been closely bred and not line bred with different blood. Its possible to me that this is a genetic defect in the amelanism or albinism in this particular individual. Humans of color produce albinism occaisionally even when both parents are humans of color. This is how i see it. You saw the two normal colored pastel sibling hatchlings.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Deac77 View Post
    There has to be a albino gene on both sides down the line some place, a genetic mutation just doesn't pop up, and if it does I bet the university I'm at for herpetology would buy the pair from you to double check. This would be one of the first ever witnessed "genetic mutations" to occur in a captive setting.
    I know the breeder and what the animals were paired to from the original parents down through the the third generation. This is the first occurrence of a albino or amelanistic individual being produced from these pairings. Maybe a genetic mutation doesn't just pop up but there are random mutations that occur. Remember genetics is not a exact science.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytradix View Post
    the most popular/most cb bred checkered morph is albino. so its not a far stretch to say they were bred to albinos/pastels along the line somewhere. also pastels are extremely common in the wild. if a mutation did occur in the baby it would be het not visual. for it to be visual the mutation would of had to occur in both adults first to produce a albino.

exactly, even here we have a wild population consisting of pastels and several albinos have been found as well.

Hi, I'm New Here!

The fact that sibblinngs were normal only enforces the probability that parents are het.

Hi, I'm New Here!

It it did just occur I'll consult with my professor and see if he'd be interested, in a lab setting this could be amazing.

However I truly believe it would just be a case of the parents been 66% or less.

Welcome to the forum Deac.

Hi, I'm New Here!

Since 2014 lol

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deac77 View Post
    It it did just occur I'll consult with my professor and see if he'd be interested, in a lab setting this could be amazing.

However I truly believe it would just be a case of the parents been 66% or less.
    the parents would be 100% het to produce visuals. 66% is used for the percent of the litter that is het. so 34% wouldnt prove out but the other 66% would. in other words lets say the snake had 100 babies. 66 would be 100% het while 34 would not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    I know the breeder and what the animals were paired to from the original parents down through the the third generation. This is the first occurrence of a albino or amelanistic individual being produced from these pairings. Maybe a genetic mutation doesn't just pop up but there are random mutations that occur. Remember genetics is not a exact science.
    who was the breeder?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    As I said in post# 10 of this thread "i can't explain it". I do have a suspicion on how it may have surfaced as a albino though. And that is bc of the countless possibilities combinations of genes produces in the mating of two individuals. All snakes are genetically different. Only maternal twins possess the same genetic makeup. These pastels also are het for granite and have been closely bred and not line bred with different blood. Its possible to me that this is a genetic defect in the amelanism or albinism in this particular individual. Humans of color produce albinism occaisionally even when both parents are humans of color. This is how i see it. You saw the two normal colored pastel sibling hatchlings.
    human genetics are not the same as reptiles....and unless the breeder started with wc individuals there is no telling what they were originally bred with. ive personally seen the anery gene skip 3 generations only to reappear when i bred one of the 3rd generation babies back to the original sire of the line in which he was also het albino and the females was a normal 66% het albino and i ended up getting snows anery albino and normals. from the 3 previous pairings i would have never thought any of the animals from that lineage would ever produce anything else than albino and normals