Page 377 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 2773273673753763773783793874274778771377 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 14098

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

not necessarily
    one of mine has pretty garish colour at times and looks a lot like this one, except that her red is darker
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

I have a pic in my computer of an orangeish one similar to that that I used to have....will have to find it and put in in here.....

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

oooohhh...show us! You know we love pictures!

But for now, i'm practicing my english pronounciation...(the world meeting is creeping closer )
    Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
    YouTube - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Sing Along
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu

Oh boy... My parents almost killed me...
    I went to a show today and brought home the only garter I could find; a medium female parietalis. Also... I saw a mixed lot of baby ball pythons for $10... I couldn't resist and picked up one. However, my parents have always told me they'd kill me if I bought a constrictor because of a bad experience with one of my old relatives. ((He had a boa and it got out once and supposedly attacked a toddler.)) So... I sorta told them it was a corn snake and that it was free. XDDD
    So, I gave her, I think, a thorough look-see and found no parasites or bodily problems aside from an odd bump on her underside near the vent. I think it may be a misplaced rib or something. Do these injuries usually heal on their own?

0.1 Storeria dekayi
    Hoping to get some T. s. sirtalis High-Reds next summer!

Kyle, you're so lucky that your parents allow and encourage your interest in Garter Snakes. Obviously they recognise and respect your enthusiasm and growing knowledge of this genus.....
    Why on earth would you go against their express wishes and buy a python, and then lie about it? The phrase that springs to mind.... 'betrayal of trust'. How will they react when the see a picture in a book, or lean over your shoulder while you're on the forum? I reckon they'll be pretty disappointed.
    James.

I'm the last person to criticize others for bringing home animals against parents' wishes, after all, that's how I got most of the animals I kept as kid, but it's not a very smart thing to do, and James pointed out why. How are you going to explain it when they find out?

Edgy Exotic Reptiles EdgyExoticReptiles's Avatar

im not saying him lying was okay, but the bad experience with the toddler was most likely bigger than a harmless ball python and found that sometimes people will have bad experience with something then think bad of everything related to that... such as my mom was babysitting some kids when she was young and they had bb guns (the metal bbs)and were running around shooting and it took a looooong time of convincing to let her get me a harmless bb gun (plastic bullets)
    Quote Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post
    Kyle, you're so lucky that your parents allow and encourage your interest in Garter Snakes. Obviously they recognise and respect your enthusiasm and growing knowledge of this genus.....
    Why on earth would you go against their express wishes and buy a python, and then lie about it? The phrase that springs to mind.... 'betrayal of trust'. How will they react when the see a picture in a book, or lean over your shoulder while you're on the forum? I reckon they'll be pretty disappointed.
    Email:reed@edgyexoticreptiles.com
    http://www.edgyexoticreptiles.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post
    Well, I actually told them it's a ball python... and of course they've gone ballistic on me. I figure it's the same thing with the roaches; they calm down after a while. XD
    I think it's because they always imagine a python as a 20 foot, rope-of muscle killing machine swallowing a pig... But when they saw that's it's only about 10 inches long and pudgy as heck they changed their minds. XD
    0.1 Storeria dekayi

Quote Originally Posted by EdgyExoticReptiles View Post
    im not saying him lying was okay, but the bad experience with the toddler was most likely bigger than a harmless ball python and found that sometimes people will have bad experience with something then think bad of everything related to that... such as my mom was babysitting some kids when she was young and they had bb guns (the metal bbs)and were running around shooting and it took a looooong time of convincing to let her get me a harmless bb gun (plastic bullets)
    Yeah, it was 20 foot reticulated python that was fed one rat once a month... I wonder why it was hungry.
    0.1 Storeria dekayi

the red sided giant reptileparadise's Avatar

I'm not going to repeat what the others said...But I'm thinking that 10 $ is a bit cheap for a ball python...Is it FB? WC?
    www.facebook.com/crazyreptiles
    welcome ( at ) crazyreptiles . eu