View Poll Results: Would you be interested in participating in a meeting?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would.

87 92.55%
  • No, I wouldn't.

7 7.45%
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Re: Thamnophis.com World Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by drache View Post
    certainly no fireworks and I doubt that's what you had in mind anyway, Wayne - just assuming . . .
    I'm afraid it doesn't look good, Rhea.

Quote Originally Posted by dekaybrown View Post
    On the evening of July 25th, who is up for a fireworks display???

My treat.

(Any excuse to detonate explosives with an audience)

The only reason I suggested that was I keep getting constant questions about details, directions and what not.

From my end it would be easier to build a page with detailed maps and such, of course if it is preferred to place it on here where every posted reply "pushes" the information further down the list, then I am fine with that as well.

The date information was many posts back, I don't mind trolling for information.......Yet people keep asking "What are the dates" and "How do I get there"

Now a reasonable question, If we are camping, wouldn't an "after hours bonfire party" with some fun activities only sweeten the concept?

I thought it was just a meet up, we have a good time, talk about herps & such. Maybe some hiking, looking for snakes. I will be having my two kids, 14, & 5. It will also be my son's bday. July 26th.

I am up for anything, I just would love to meet all of you who are going.
    Stephanie

That sounds great. I am looking forward to meeting you in person and I hope we have some fun.

It certainly is a big enough property that if anyone should take offense to certain activities, we can convene in separate corners at certain hours.

One thing that really needs to be taken into consideration, is that we are dealing with a large group of people with many different mindsets.

One cannot forget that our herps may be the only thing we have in common, There will undoubtedly be some folks who want to engage in boisterous activities, and some who would rather have a peaceful evening.

So why not have a "quiet zone" and a "party zone" so the night owls that wish to stay up and raise hell have their own little corner to do just that, and another area where quiet folks can congregate.

I deal with this exact scenario all summer every summer, masses of people congregate and camp out, some have small children and prefer to be left in peace, while others will park their SUV complete with the 1000 watt HiFi system, open the doors, and blare away, sometimes on the same evening.

Lets not forget that we have the entire west half of this town at our disposal to hold this function.

I had a nice discussion with James last night on this issue, And have faith that our bases are covered.

If we start asking people to leave their kids home, or the dog, it may very likely cut attendance in half.

Yes herping and observing wildlife will be the core activity, but it's also a celebration of friends and this wonderful group we belong to.

There is also 10,000 acres (no exaggeration folks) available for us to go and see all sorts of wildlife, and not everyone will be able to participate in everything.

The "toilet man" runs his business so close to here, I can call Rob and have a dozen toilets set up in 30 minutes or less.

There is undoubtedly enough room that we can all get along without anyone having a less than optimal experience.

And even though I am more than happy to give tours of my snake room, It will be done on a small personal basis, one or two of you at a time...

More details as we get closer to the date.

The boundaries are inside the purple lines, for camping and activities, plenty of room.

Edgy Exotic Reptiles EdgyExoticReptiles's Avatar

Hey James, can this forum put a sticky up? like reminders that stay at the top of the home page? that would be a good way to give people the info
    Email:reed@edgyexoticreptiles.com
    http://www.edgyexoticreptiles.com

Awesome Wayne, my daughter was like, that is soooooooooo cool. Me & Aundrea can't wait! this is going to be an awesome trip!! we are up for anything, & our kids love... anything with nature,outdoor & herping!!

Quote Originally Posted by dekaybrown View Post
    The boundaries are inside the purple lines, for camping and activities, plenty of room.

Stephanie

That's not even counting Sugar hill state forest, 10,000 acres of woods, with trails...

I grew up here, so I know all of it very well.

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Okay, I am going to be the crabbiest woman on earth come July.
    I SO want to be there.............
    Anji