Page 332 of 469 FirstFirst ... 232282322330331332333334342382432 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 4688
    I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Re: The Nature Photography Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ConcinnusMan View Post
    Same species that Stefan has been posting pictures of while out herping. Vipera berus.
    Man, I suck at identifying European snakes. Wow. That was kinda embarrassing.

Banned

For a camera under $300 and no special lenses, this thing is capable of some pretty darn good macro photography once I got the hang of it.

What camera, and how many mega pixels?

Banned

Banned

Megapixels are only a small part of the equation when it comes to the quality of a camera. Too many people think higher megapixels = better pics and that's just not the case. It really doesn't mean much these days. It's just that much more you can crop and blow it up before it distorts is all. I've seen 5 megapixel cameras that can take way better pictures than some 12 megapixel cameras.

Anyway, for these photos I used a Nikon Coolpix S6000. 14.2 megapixels 7X wide optical zoom, HD movie, etc. I love this camera. One of the easiest ones to use that I've ever owned. Full featured but not complicated to use. I've had other cameras for years and couldn't figure them out and was always frustrated. Didn't take me but a month or two to master this one. Should be much cheaper now too, then when I bought it.

Oh here you go. This is exactly the same camera, only mine is black, not silver. $175. Well worth it, I'm telling you. There are newer models now with the same model number though. They're not much different. You'll end up paying a lot more just for a few more megapixels if you get a newer one. Not worth it, trust me. I bought this camera because people were raving about it. Now I'm raving about it. Excellent for the money. Very excellent. Battery lasts a long time, you just plug it in to charge. Takes astounding quality video too. I don't even use my video camera anymore since I got this. Get it, you'll love it.

Amazon.com: Nikon Coolpix S6000 14.2 MP Digital Camera with 7x Optical Vibration Reduction (VR) Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver): Camera & Photo

I get all that, I was just asking out of curiosity. I have a Olympia 8 pixels, and it takes OK macro shots. The camera is alot like yours.
    I'm sure I'd love it, but I can't buy it... I'd like to though. It's nice.

Here's a recent macro shot with mine. Not a good picture but it shows the macro...

(jeez, it must be a good picture after all.. I posted it, and it took up to much memory... had to re-size it)

Good looking hopper.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    (jeez, it must be a good picture after all.. I posted it, and it took up to much memory... had to re-size it)
    LoL. No, it was just too big. (frame size, and data size) When the original is at 4224 X 2376 pixels, 300dpi, and over 5 megabytes, I have to resize all of my pics too, naturally. But yeah, that's a nice photo you got there.

Now that I finally got the hang of macro photography, I can't wait until later this summer when there's plenty of big spiders around.

I only recently figured out macro too. In the same boat. Love it, wish I had know before. Your camera is a lot nicer than mine, but at the moment mine gets the job done..

My dog found a baby possum last night. Under a bush.

Same day I found a big o' black rat snake. Picked him up and I have pics that show the length, but I haven't uploaded them yet.