Page 31 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    "PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

Re: What music do you like... ?

Have you listened to the new Death Magnetic? It actually reminds me of old stuff, I think and several people that I've talked to think it's one of their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Have you listened to the new Death Magnetic? It actually reminds me of old stuff, I think and several people that I've talked to think it's one of their best.
    I stopped listening when Load came out everything I've heard from Death Magnetic sounds like another pile of load to me . They should have quit years ago ... personally I think most bands should quit at the 5th album .... there are very few bands indeed that can truly keep the fire going after this and avoid attaining repetitive boredom or progressing in a direction that alienates from their roots.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

I haven't listened to Death Magnetic, but to be honest, I don't have any desire to do it, either. They actually said the same thing about St. Anger, that it was "like their old stuff". The old stuff being, to me at least, Kill 'Em All through ...And Justice For All. In my humble opinion, they started circling the drain with their 1991 album. Then came Load and ReLoad, which sounded more like country than metal.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmonsta View Post
    personally I think most bands should quit at the 5th album .... there are very few bands indeed that can truly keep the fire going after this and avoid attaining repetitive boredom or progressing in a direction that alienates from their roots.
    there are only very rare exceptions from that rule - they're the few artists that are sort of Picassos of music - the do something different when they've played out a phase of their creative development, rather than persistently trying to recapture something that was hot when they were just catching the spark
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Im generally a rock/metal fan i love proggy stuff, Love the Blues and some jazz and classical too. dont mind a bit of electro though i despise most club music and rap.. unless its rap metal :P

Stuck Mojo ... on of the few rap-metal combinations that works .... I saw Testament last night .... awesome!!!
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Never shed

I thought death magnetic was ok, not fantastic but ok, I guess no band will stay entirely the same over a long period, my fave albums were and justice for all and ride the lightning. Saw me a lot of decent bands at download this year, eagerly awaiting next years line up!

Quote Originally Posted by lampy View Post
    I thought death magnetic was ok, not fantastic but ok, I guess no band will stay entirely the same over a long period, my fave albums were and justice for all and ride the lightning. Saw me a lot of decent bands at download this year, eagerly awaiting next years line up!
    That´s correct. Not the best and not the worst album.
    But Metallica won´t bring out better Albums than MAster of puppets ( the best they have) Ride the lightning, Kill em all and ...and justice for all.
    4 different sounds but real thrash, not al singalong like load and reload

I will stay at the wacken open air this year again. There are a lot of good bands.
    Amon Amarth
    Heaven & Hell ( Black Sabbath without Ozzy but with Ronny JAmes Dio )
    In Flames
    Motörhead
    Endstille ( a very good Black Metal Band from Germany )
    Testament
    Running Wild ( last show ever )
    and many other good bands

so let´s start spinning your head

This week, I've been mostly listening to Prodigy.

Banned

I apologize in advance to those outside the U.S.A. that cannot view these embedded videos.

Love this:

And by contrast I also love this: