Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What if...

"Third shed, A Success" mtolypetsupply's Avatar

Re: What if...

Rhea, good to see you again! Yes that's my boy. Come on down any time you like, he'd love some extra attention! I don't get to see him nearly enough!!!! And I love the little Fjords!!! They're ADORABLE!!!

Stephi
    check out our new website at
    www.HerpEden.com

Quote Originally Posted by mtolypetsupply View Post
    Rhea, good to see you again! Yes that's my boy. Come on down any time you like, he'd love some extra attention! I don't get to see him nearly enough!!!! And I love the little Fjords!!! They're ADORABLE!!!
    yes, I must make that happen
    is that other one his buddy?
    as to the "little" Fjords - they're like the Dachshund of the equestrian world - big brain for their size, smart, tough, and stubborn
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by drache View Post
    after my extended stint with an animal that only eats live lizards, I must say I would not do that again
    while it didn't bother me terribly to see her kill and eat, and the feeder lizards aren't that hard to get, it did bother me a lot to keep feeder lizards - not exactly sure why

Getting my black racer baby to eat was challenging, the little guy only ate live Anoles for his first dozen meals, then I got him on pinks, it was much better.

Richard - it would take a mountain of pinkies to even put a dent in this guys appetite....

"Third shed, A Success" prattypus's Avatar

They aren't pets- but I have started volunteering with a birds of prey educational organization. The first is Sophie, a Great Horned Owl from Alaska- she had broken her wing, and by the time someone found her it had set incorrectly, and she contracted a disease of the mouth called Frounce. She is non-releaseable- but such a sweetheart.

This is a Peregrine Falcon named Cliff. He was a falconer's bird, but his reflexes have slowed, making him a less effective hunter. Instead of just keeping him away from people- the falconer wanted him to be used as an educational ambassador. He's noisy and a nipper, but he's my favorite.

This is Foster- a rough-legged hawk. His story sucks. He was shot in Nebraska, and the rehab center was unable to save his wing. It has been amputated at the wrist and is no longer able to survive on his own. We have to work with him alot to rebuild trust. The shot to the wing, he doesn't know it was humans, but I am dead certain he knows man is the reason is wing is gone.

This is Karma- a red tailed hawk. She is the founder's falconry bird and is three years old. very inquisitive, and she's a hoot as she snags worms in the yard. Her eyes are intense, and unnerving to say the least.
    Jason--
    Red 5 Standing By...

Thanks for the photos and stories.
    Beautiful birds.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Lots of awesome animals in this thread.

"Second shed, A Success" Hollis_Steed's Avatar

Beautiful Birds Jason, thanks for sharing
    Jeff

holy crud stephi.... a horse wow well werent you thr lucky kid "momy can i have a pony"" sure lets goto the stickshow" opposite reaction of my parents lol....awsome stories awsome pics
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "

"Third shed, A Success" mtolypetsupply's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post
    holy crud stephi.... a horse wow well werent you thr lucky kid "momy can i have a pony"" sure lets goto the stickshow" opposite reaction of my parents lol....awsome stories awsome pics

No, I wasn't the lucky kid! LOL!!! I didn't get Roark until I was 34!!! As a kid, I had to work at a stable to ride. Worked 11 hours a day in the summer, rain or shine with no days off. Worked 11 hours a day rain or shine on the weekends during school, too. However, I LOVED it and it was the ONE job I had that I didn't end up NOT wanting to go to work!

I adopted Roark 6 years ago, as a retired racehorse. He cost me $700 total to get shipped from Ohio. It was the best $700 I ever spent! He had a great career on the track, winning $137,000 before I got him. Yet, he's got the BEST temperament in the world. I wouldn't trade him for anything!!!!

Jason, I LOVE the raptors! They'd be high on my list too!

Stephi
    check out our new website at
    www.HerpEden.com

wow 34...well once i finish vet school and start to work ill be rolling in money (from what i hear)and i thought of making thees cool terariums in the middle of rooms thattl be really tall (like roof high) and next to a wall...2 sliding glass doors on top of eachother and wood on other sides and wala a cool cage is made!(make thin pillar like ones to put a few frogs and toads in....da house of da reptile/amphibian man! Ittl be awsome
    ROBERT The Reptilian Teen

"growing old is mandatory

growing up is optional "