Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: we may move

Re: we may move

I haven't had a real home of my own (and I doubt I will get one anytime soon), so I don't know what that feels like, but I do remember what it felt like to help my grandparents move from theirs. After all, it was a place where I had spent much of my life and so I had a lot of memories of that place.

I've moved from one apartment to the next 6 times in 8 years and I know that it just doesn't compare. That's also the reason why I only own furniture I can carry by myself and why everything I make is either modular or extremely light. I'm even considering attaching a carrying handle to my desktop computer.

I've moved from one apartment to the next 6 times in 8 years and I know that it just doesn't compare. That's also the reason why I only own furniture I can carry by myself and why everything I make is either modular or extremely light. I'm even considering attaching a carrying handle to my desktop computer.[/quote]

it sounds like you've accepted the reality of your nature, whereas I am in deep denial about my propensity to move. I have so much stuff . . .
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Not my nature, I'd settle down right now if I had the chance. It's just that it's been necessary to move around between cities where I've worked and where I've studied.

My parents are storing about 2/3 of my stuff and 1/2 of my snakes. I hope they realize how grateful I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    My parents are storing about 2/3 of my stuff and 1/2 of my snakes. I hope they realize how grateful I am.
    My dad would've kiledl me if I would even just asked that
    You're very lucky that they do that.

I am also considering a move. I want to move farther south within the UK. Lots of reasons, but one is that the climate is just that bit warmer, so they have more reptiles than we do in the industrial North. I've yet to convince "She Who Must Be Obeyed".
    James.

I've never moved in my life. It's almost maddening for me though, I can't wait to move out and get my own place... Do some traveling.

Here's my update:
    Yes! We shall move.
    The actual moving is going to probably happen in about two months.
    Meanwhile I've been so busy, I haven't had any time with my critters.
    Now it's mostly about organizing and stuff.
    I really wanted to build another rack and get a couple of cages at the expo.
    Now I better wait 'til after we move to build the rack, and getting new cages probably better wait as well. I wanted to give some of my snakes bigger accommodations (just like ourselves) and they'll just have to wait a bit.
    Meanwhile, we're going to Florida for a few days this week to celebrate Jeff's grandma's 90th birthday. We've said no to Disney, yes to the Everglades, and I'm hoping to see some critters in what was once their habitat.
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by drache View Post
    yes to the Everglades, and I'm hoping to see some critters in what was once their habitat.
    I'll look forward to seeing some photographs from that trip, Rhea! Good luck with the move.
    James.

Congradulations to you Rhea. I hope the ove goes smoothly for you and your family. Enjoy the trip.

Sid

Meanwhile, we're going to Florida for a few days this week to celebrate Jeff's grandma's 90th birthday.[/quote]

We're going to Florida on my 9th birthday which is on Thursday and we're also celebrating it in Florida!
    rhea