Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    And_Lyn

Re: My garter and set up

Quote Originally Posted by Snake lover 3-25 View Post
    yeah they are quite similar but ribons and garters don't have that beautiful striped belly
    Cool thanks. Well, here I go to the internet to make sure the set up I have works for it lol

If you let a striped keelback chew on you, how venomous are they? What would happen?

My striped keel back died within a month of me buying it from petco. No real way to tell who's fault it was, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't mine. The other day a guy at petco asked me if I needed help. Because I was looking at the striped keel backs they had labeled as garter snakes. I told him that they weren't garter snakes, and should be labeled separately(I'm 13). He got mad I think because I was younger and told me that I was wrong that they were garter snakes, their "suppliers" told petco so.
    -Austin

And_Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Sitting_duck View Post
    If you let a striped keelback chew on you, how venomous are they? What would happen?

Yea, I'd also like to know how venomous they are...lol. Someone earlier on said they are slightly venomous...

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Snake lover 3-25's Avatar

um i "think" that they're harmless to humans..... but you could always be allergic.... but i've also heard that they're VERY doscile and will hardly ever even try to bite...... i believe that their care is quite similar to garters and that your setup should be fine.....
    S h a n l e y
    1.3 eastern garters
    1 midland painted turtle
    1 bernese mountain dog
    1 half siamese cat

And_Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Snake lover 3-25 View Post
    um i "think" that they're harmless to humans..... but you could always be allergic.... but i've also heard that they're VERY doscile and will hardly ever even try to bite...... i believe that their care is quite similar to garters and that your setup should be fine.....
    Right on, thanks. Yea, she's been super mellow and doesnt mind being handled

Austin,

Nice try. Try talking to a manager. Take it to the next level in a professional way. Go in with proof but don't use it until last. If you use it to early they'll think you're being a smart guy. This is just the kind of thing young people need to do to help some less smart adults. Get your parents approval first. Don't want to see you get in trouble. Above all be professional and go in knowing you might not get anywhere.
    Remember *If you don't make any calls, you won't make any sales*
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Welcome Hope everything works out for your new snake. Unless you're prepared for a vet visit or two and have prepared yourself for this snake to die, even with vet care, I wouldn't hesitate to take it back. Steve I love your caring nature and your desire to help, but at some point, if people quit buying them and especially continue returning them hopefully they'll become more trouble than it's worth for the pet stores to buy them from their "suppliers." Then in my fantasy world the suppliers wouldn't want them so there'd be no market for those who gather these poor animals out of their natural habitat by the thousands... wishful thinking... I know...
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

Tami,

I know what you are saying. It's hard to step back and do nothing for the ones that are here. You are right in what you say. If people don't buy, they won't sell. Thanks for your comments.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

I know Steve... and I really don't know what I would do if it were me in Lyn's shoes. I'd probably give it my best shot and try to keep the little guy healthy, but knowing that the odds aren't great anyway it's probably best to return him. Yeah, not sure what I would personally do Cruddy situation that no one should be put in in the first place...
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

This has been happening so often recently, I think perhaps we, as a group, should contact the Petco Head Office, and ask them to get their act together on this. In fact we should insist.
    James.