Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am not obsessed.... GartersRock's Avatar

Re: Kokopelli and Anasazi...

Ok. I had to be the first one to post so I didn't say anything. lol!!

That's cool that you have a bunch if different size ones now! I always have this thing where I would love to have a tiny one... But a BEEG one would be nice... But both would be perfect! lol

They sounds so precious!!! I can't wait till you get a camera! Now I need to try and take some pics today... I am inspired.

Congrats a million times Gertie!!!!
    Amanda Tolleson

Congrat's on the new ones, Gertie. Glad they got there safe and sound.
    Sid
    9.14 T. s sirtalis, 2.2. T. ordinoides, 1.1 T. e vagrans, 1.1 T. s parietalis,
    1.0 T. s sackenii- Peninsular Ribbon

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Glad they made it safe and sound, Gertie!
    I still get a kick out of how excited you get every time you get a new "child"! It's sweet that you love them so much.
    Anji

In Hog Heaven

Sid, thank you. Yeah, things can get kind'a hairy when you're getting Pugets from Alaska to MN, and Hoggies from NM - where the nights are getting real cold - to MN where not only are the nights getting real cold but we had spitting snow most of the day yesterday. No accumulation, but snow all day. Still too warm (ground) for things to pile up.

But even in the heat o'summer or the fluctuating temps o'spring... One worries. I think ittiz just the nature o'us 'rents expecting kids. Until they get here we worry.

I'm glad, too, Sid, they made it safe and sound. They're warming up nicely and Ana is beating her head against her the top o'her deli cup now. Still, I'm leaving them.

DID YOU READ THAT YOU GUYS? LOL!!! I've not even come in contact yet with the two newest babies I want to kiss and hug! I'm erring on the side o'what's best for them! Old dogs can learn!
    Last edited by Garter_Gertie; 11-08-2008 at 10:49 AM. Reason: NM, not NN
    2.0 NY Eastern Garters; Peepers, Jeepers
    3.1 Western Hoggies; Kenabec, Niizh, Kokopelli, Anasazi
    3.0 Puget Garters; Kunikpok, Tungortok, 'Rockster
    1.0 Eastern Milk; Carmello

In Hog Heaven

'Ster, thanks. Yeah, I feel so blessed to have these three (four) Hoggies. I bet it was hard for you to bite your tongue... huh? LOL!!!

Perfection is having babies to raise and an adult to see what your babies will become. It is truly parental - though I've never been a 'rent of a huminoid kind'a kid. Know what I mean?

Thank you a million times for my happiness.

In Hog Heaven

Anj, it never grows old or jaded. Each and every one o'these creatures with brains the size of my little finger nail are truly individuals. Peeps and Jeeps are like nite and day. The Blues Brothers are only alike in that they're brothers. Niizh is Niizh and Kenabec is a dufus bobo-head, neurotic basketcase.

Ana, I think, is going to be of strong hissy-pissy personality. As I type she continues to hit her schnoz up against the lid of her 'burger basket. I think Koko is going to be one o'those laid back, cruise through live, comse/comsa kind'a kids. I don't think nuttin's gonna bother him.

Yeah. I continue to get xcited and love them to death. They're not just snakes to me, they're individual creatures and each have something different to offer me to watch.

Jeepers hasn't moved in HOURS with just his head peeking out from a log hide while The Blues Brothers cruise the 29 gal sniffing up all the new scents.

They're not just snakes. They're individual, distinct creatures. And I love them all with my whole heart as I do The Cats and the Pigglettes.

I am not obsessed.... GartersRock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garter_Gertie View Post
    'Ster, thanks. Yeah, I feel so blessed to have these three (four) Hoggies. I bet it was hard for you to bite your tongue... huh? LOL!!!

Perfection is having babies to raise and an adult to see what your babies will become. It is truly parental - though I've never been a 'rent of a huminoid kind'a kid. Know what I mean?

Thank you a million times for my happiness.
    Lol! Yes! "GERTIE IS MISSING SNAKES IN HER SIG!! *smacks hand over mouth* Just kidding. "NO SHE ACTUALLY HAS 4!" *smacks hand over mouth again* Heheh. Just kidding around you guys she doesn't.

You GOT IT! That's why! It must be a parental thing... lol
    Amanda Tolleson

Gertie - you need more girl snakes
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

In Hog Heaven

Rhea, I don't want to breed garters. Too many at once and I've no outlet for them and don't want to deal with finding homes for them. Just too big a hassle to me and I don't want to go there.

But Hoggies, I've my breeder I can send any gravid Hoggies to for him to deal with. He knows all about humidity, incubation, strata, time, blah, blah, blah. So I get the fun part and he can deal with that that I've NO DESIRE to mess with.

I've Anasazi and he's got Niizh' mom, a yellow. He's got other females, too, I could use but I'm just a green freak.

Why do you say I need more females? You got a green female Hoggy you're looking for a home for?

In Hog Heaven

'Ster. YOU ARE INSANE! LOL!!! You nut!

I'm only missing Carmello due to the two people involved wanting the best for him and getting him in the bestest shape. I still own him, he's just not here yet.

I am NOT a POSER. ROFLOLPMP!!!