Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: let's introduce FALCO!!!

well, Falco is definitely in good hands
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Sputnik's Avatar

So sweet. Very similar colouring to our little Janosch.
    When I was a young teenager my favourite singer was called Falco, so the name made me giggle. Rock me, Amadeus! Or should that be Adamanteus?

Amadeus incidently was the name of my budgie when I was even littler.

Subadult snake

the place in belgium is just 104 km from my house,so not so far.
    but it's very difficult to find a really BEAUTIFULL kitten like this.
    we only want this color....

these are our cats...
    Tijger

and Twiggy

and about a few weeks offcourse Falco

I like his name, but if you had named him Captain FalcoN, then he could use falcon punch. :P

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

All your kitties are beautiful!

Twiggy looks just like my old cat Skatcat!
    Unfortunately Skat 'abandoned' me for my younger nephew (we all lived together at the time) and she now lives with him. I guess she got mad when I went back to school and didn't have time to cuddle her as much..........she is very needy that way!
    Anji

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Rock me, Amadeus! Or should that be Adamanteus? .
    You only need to ask......
    James.

Oh dear, I wasn't trying to turn Falco's welcome thread into a debate on whether there is a cat overpopulation problem in the US (tho I have to just say, Kitkat, you're the first person I've ever heard deny the overpopulation problem which continues to be nothing short of epidemic in many areas; my local pound has been euth'ing kittens for lack of space since January, and I'm in one little corner of one little county of one little state... I can't imagine the statewide/nationwide count so far for this year yet. I do agree that there is a serious responsibility problem, no doubt about that. But please don't lump all rescue in with PETA. To imply that I love the overpopulation problem because it "makes me money" is so laughable it almost brings me to tears, as I face another month trying to decide whether to pay the mortgage or the vet bills first.)

All I was wondering was if the problem was as pronounced in Europe. It's just that because of the sad state of affairs in my area, I can't imagine having to search out a certain color kitten, as there are gazillions (at last count, lol) of them at every pound, shelter, and in local ads of every color and breed. It seems in my mind that Europe, as always, is ahead of the US in animal welfare issues and seems to have a better record of spay/neuter. But I could be wrong, that's why I asked.

Probably best to let it drop and sufficient to say, Falco is as cute as they come. I looooove the name, too, and will have to "borrow" that! :-)
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

I don't think cats even have the same status here. In this country we have a "summer cat" problem. I don't know if you have the same phenomenon in your respective countries, but here some people get a kitten just for the summer and then just discard them when fall comes, either because they haven't thought about how to take care of the animal once they move back to the city, or because they just don't care. Naturally, the cats won't survive the winter, so these animals fill the shelters every year. But I think there has been a huge improvement, cats are routinely sterilized these days. I'd say it's definitely a rule rather than an exception. In fact, I don't remember when I last saw an ad for somebody donating or even selling kittens. I'm probably just not paying attention.

When I've been on vacation in southern Europe (especially Greece, but also Italy, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus), there have always been a lot of cats everywhere. I have no idea if they have owners of any kind or if they're "public property", but they seem very much a part of the scenery. I'd love to know if they're considered much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    But please don't lump all rescue in with PETA. To imply that I love the overpopulation problem because it "makes me money" is so laughable it almost brings me to tears, as I face another month trying to decide whether to pay the mortgage or the vet bills first...
    Oh no... I said neither one! What I said was that it makes money for PETA to talk about overpopulation. If you read the links I provided, you'll understand why I said this.

ALSO, before you think I am lumping PETA in with rescue, let me tell you that PETA does absolutely NO rescue, ever. PETA is an animal rights group, and is not an animal welfare group.

I have been doing rescue for almost 20 years now, but I still stand on my opinion that we do not have pet "overpopulation".

Try this link:

www.nokillbill.com

KITKAT
    director of PuRRS, Inc. Allbreed Cat Rescue, 501(c)3 pending
    KitKat
    "Acts of kindness should never be random."

"First shed, A Success" mycolorfulheart's Avatar

I forgot to say how cute + lovable Falco is. Did you name him after the Falco from Smash Bros? http://smashbros.planets.gamespy.com.../ssbmfalco.jpg