Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terrifying!

"Third shed, A Success" tikichick's Avatar

Re: Terrifying!

Quote Originally Posted by adamanteus View Post
    I use alcohol and fatigue to block the dreams I don't want to have. Works for me.
    Here, here!! Lol.

For the hoohah on teeth dreams, scan this. For me, it'd be a symbol of powerlessness or paranoia over my appearance or how I'm perceived by others.
    "Mai kolohe i ka mo' o o lele ka pali" -
    Do not bother lizards or you'll fall off a cliff.

I've never had a tooth dream, but I was born (or raised?) with weakly rooted teeth and I fear loosing them when I'm awake, so perhaps that bestows some immunity upon my dreams
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain

"PM Boots For Custom Title" CrazyHedgehog's Avatar

The tooth dream - agggghhhhh It never hurts, but if I get this dream, I have literally thousands of teeth in my mouth and I cant get my mouth clear of the damn things!!

with lucid dreaming, I have a trigger...you can set it to what ever you want, for me its my hands.
    If I am dreaming and I see my hands, in that instant, i know its a dream, and 1 of two things happens..I either become far too conscious and wake up with the excitement or I take control of the dream, and for me I usually start flying everywhere, just cos its my dream and I can! It never seems to last long though, I tend to drift back off into dream world again!
    Inge
    our house is like a zoo, too many to list here!

Ive had all of the dreams you guys have talked about, probably because i do so much thinking when im awake that it carries over into me sleep, my head comes up with some pretty in depth dreams, down to the clothing someone wore that day or a tattoo someone has, and they dont really have a story line, theyre most always incomplete short stories that run on from one to the next.
    Quadruple Sport Enthusiast
    Wrestling
    Track
    Soccer
    Cross Country

"PM Boots For Custom Title" CrazyHedgehog's Avatar

The worst is when I am stuck on a problem, like a java programming problem... I will dream about it, fix it in my dream, and then wake up and have to write it down quick before I forget!..the sad thing is that the fix usually works,...so does this mean I think more clearly when I am asleep?
    Inge
    our house is like a zoo, too many to list here!

i do my homework in my bed before i go to sleep, and sometimes i nod off and i dream i finished the homework, and i wake up like 10 mins before i have to go to school with no homework done, talk about an early let down!
    Quadruple Sport Enthusiast
    Wrestling
    Track
    Soccer
    Cross Country

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHedgehog View Post
    The worst is when I am stuck on a problem, like a java programming problem... I will dream about it, fix it in my dream, and then wake up and have to write it down quick before I forget!..the sad thing is that the fix usually works,...so does this mean I think more clearly when I am asleep?
    I've come up with solutions to problems in dreams, too. I think maybe when we're awake, we let all our other thoughts crowd in and overshadow our problem-solving skills, so when we finally sleep, our brain can focus more clearly on the problem itself. I don't know for sure, but it does seem to work!
    Anji