Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thamnophis ID

Forum Moderator aSnakeLovinBabe's Avatar

Re: Thamnophis ID

It's definitely not a marcianus. And definitely not a radix. It looks like a florida- locale sirtalis... it is either a FL sirtalis, or a cross between FL sirtalis and marcianus, with the sirtalis traits dominating.
    Mother of many snakes and a beautiful baby girl! I am also a polymer clay artist!

Hi, I'm New Here!

Ok folks, many thanks for all your thoughts. I am still none the wiser regarding which species this is has more names are thrown into the mixer, but I definately won't be selling him in a pair or as T.Marcianus or anything till I get clarification as to who are what he is. All I will say is that he is a lovely snake, evil as hell and feeds like a beast. One more question to cause more confusion ;-). Is he actually a Garter or a Viper species crossed with a pidgeon? XD XD XD . Not that it matters hes cool.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boiga View Post
    Ok folks, many thanks for all your thoughts. I am still none the wiser regarding which species this is has more names are thrown into the mixer, but I definately won't be selling him in a pair or as T.Marcianus or anything till I get clarification as to who are what he is. All I will say is that he is a lovely snake, evil as hell and feeds like a beast. One more question to cause more confusion ;-). Is he actually a Garter or a Viper species crossed with a pidgeon? XD XD XD . Not that it matters hes cool.
    Not selling as a pair seems like the wisest move. Based on responses it looks like you have a T. sirtalis sirtalis from Florida, and Florida Blues aren't uncommon in the UK.

You may find out he is in fact a T. marcianus crossed with Ophiophagus hannah based on his temperament . I don't think there's any pigeon in him.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by asnakelovinbabe View Post
    it's definitely not a marcianus. And definitely not a radix. It looks like a florida- locale sirtalis... It is either a fl sirtalis, or a cross between fl sirtalis and marcianus, with the sirtalis traits dominating.
    Bluesirtalis