Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Retained Shed

"Preparing For Fourth shed" snake man's Avatar

Re: Retained Shed

I don't think I have said welcome yet, so welcome. I hope what ever is going on with your snakes everything turns out alright.
    0.1 Red axanthic x red radix

Thanks, I think they'll be alright. I've had them for 10 days and the one in question ate for the first time since I got her tonight. That's always a good sign.

They came from a breeder in Virginia. Yes I knew the age of the snakes. The female is 6yrs. and the male is 4yrs. He said there were no health issues he was aware of.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EKS56 View Post
    I was glad to see her take some food tonight. Hopfully the male will eat tomorrow. I'm going to put him in the tub. I think there is too much distraction in their permanent cage.
    Don't forget to clean the tub well before putting them in it since you had that wild snake in there
    You should put up a picture of the male too (you can start a thread for your snakes and the cute stuff they do where you can post pics and stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    From the most recent photos I don't see any classic signs of retained shed. Still something to be worried about until you know for sure.
    Nice looking snakes.
    That's good. I hope maybe just a few scales got retained or she had really dry skin that was getting a little flaky. I didn't have much time around them, but especially with the male having a retained scale on his head too, I wanted to refer him here just in case it was something more intense than that.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis