Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Hi garter people!

Greetings
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Welcome to the forum from snowy Connecticut! Yes, I said it! We finally got some on Thursday night.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Well...if it's going to be that kind of party...I have two eastern garters (T.s.sirtalis), both wild caught, a male, Seeley, and a female, Cee Cee. I also have a captive bred albino checkered male (T.marcianus), Hermes. If you would like to see pics of them, I also have a thread for them: http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/gene...es-snakes.html. I also have another snake coming soon, an Albino Snow Plains (T.radix), who I am naming Possum. And I am hopefully going to be getting another radix and a northwestern in the spring. Garters are very addictive!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

If we're playing that game...
    I (sorry, we) also have an Eastern. We also have an albino checkered (popular aren't they!). We also have two normal checkereds. We also have two Western Blacknecks. And my personal favourites, two Lake Cuitzeo garters. It all started with the albino, which the wife forced me to buy her in September, from there it snowballed from a single viv, to the current 4 vivs in the house, and with today's purchase of the Easterns... 8 snakes. It's a slippery slope, enjoy the ride.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Hi, I'm New Here!

Very pretty snakes Love the albinos of course!
    Darn! I wish I could get a blue striped puget, they have got to be the prettiest garter I've ever seen. The Lake Cuitzeos are gorgeous as well.
    What is everyone's feelings on live plants in vivs?

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

The blue Pugets seem to be the morph that's available in Europe, we're lucky in that sense.
    Cuitzeos are great snakes, look great, feed well, but they do seem to be programmed more jumpy than most.

Plants have some pros and cons, and I know several people on here use live plants. The main issue is whether they are bringing any parasites into the viv. I don't use live plants because I tend to kill plants, so I prefer silk ones.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Chris...time to update that signature for those easterns!
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

SCOUSER

Welcome from a sunshine blessed Liverpool....and profuse apologies for the unseemly delay in your greeting

TODAY'S SCOUSE FACTOID

Liverpool has a thriving film industry. Films that have been shot there include The Hunt For Red October, The 51st State, The Parole Officer and Letter To Brezhnev, the dark knight, captain America, capones boys, Sherlock Holmes, and many many more including a coca cola advert, the city has doubled for new York, Chicago, Moscow, Dublin, Paris and even Venice.

​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

Bonniedale Farm Rescue snakehill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2many View Post
    Welcome to the forum from snowy Connecticut! Yes, I said it! We finally got some on Thursday night.
    But then it started to rain and was gone! It was beautiful while it was here though!!
    Joanne 0.1 T.radix Jade / 0.1 T.s.sirtalis Jett