Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hi, I'm New Here!

Re: First time babies

That's awesome. Congratulations on the new scrubs and the albinos!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis and it look's like you have a new strain of albino on your hands! That's awesome! Congrats on the little scrubs! Now if you could get some nice canadian flames and orange easterns to breed to some of them! Lol!
    easy on the mixing lol produce a nice number of regular albinos then play with genes lol if its a new strain i wouldnt go mixing it up right away imo

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

congrats on the babies. I would agree with Tommy, keep them pure for a generation or two to see how true the look breeds. Hard to tell from photos if it is T+ or T- or something new. Looks like they probably are T.sirtalis sirtalis parents. Pretty exiting! Congrats

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

are you located in the southern part of Ontario? my first thought was Butlers garter when I saw them, but I do not have any personal experience with them and didn't know if they ranged that far north, but I googled and butlers do extend into southern Ontario.
    Anyone on the forum ever kept Butlers garter?

anthony has field experience he in hamilton ontario his name on here is too random to remember lol it starts with z

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Albert Clark's Avatar

Remember also, these are w/c and they come with and pose their own set of risks for health issues. Fantastic looking animals and congrats on the clutch!
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

I caught these two snakes in Waterloo, Ontario.

What does T+ and T- mean exactly? I never had any intentions of breeding snakes lol, it just happened

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Oh i agree, keep the f1 and maybe even the f2's pure! That was meant for in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytradix View Post
    easy on the mixing lol produce a nice number of regular albinos then play with genes lol if its a new strain i wouldnt go mixing it up right away imo
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by Intra View Post
    I caught these two snakes in Waterloo, Ontario.

What does T+ and T- mean exactly? I never had any intentions of breeding snakes lol, it just happened
    well you kinda gotta breed now lol or sell to someone who will to keep the line going. i think anthony would be interested in these if you are going to sell them

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

IT MEANS TYROSINASE POSITIVE OR TYROSINASE NEGATIVE.( Tyrosinase is an oxidase that is the rate-limiting enzyme for controlling the production of melanin. It is mainly involved in two distinct reactions of melanin synthesis; firstly, the hydroxylation of a monophenol and secondly, the conversion of an o-diphenol to the corresponding o-quinone. o-Quinone undergoes several reactions to eventually form melanin.[1] Tyrosinase is a copper-containing enzyme present in plant and animal tissues that catalyzes the production of melanin and other pigments from tyrosine by oxidation, as in the blackening of a peeled or sliced potato exposed to air.[2] It is found inside melanosomes which are synthesised in the skin melanocytes. In humans, the tyrosinase enzyme is encoded by the TYR gene. A T+ ALBINO (AKA CARAMEL ALBINO) WOULD BE DARKER IN COLOR BECAUSE THE TYROSINASE IS STILL PRESENT. THE T- ALBINO WOULD BE LIGHTER IN COLOR AS YOUR CLASSIC ALBINO BECAUSE THE TYROSINASE IS ABSENT. HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intra View Post
    I caught these two snakes in Waterloo, Ontario.)

Bluesirtalis