Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible RI ?

Re: Possible RI ?

Well I went all out on her and gave her... her own mini viv!... If she's gonna be in quarantine... she's gonna be happy... and she already seems to be ok with it... I have a little infared heat gun for my RC car and it seems to work perfect for reading the temps and the temp in there with the light on is about 83 so its not so bad the water apparently is 74 so that's a good cool spot lol

She is very pretty... I hope she turns out ok
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

Banned

Me too. Keep and eye on those temps. Could probably stand to a little cooler but don't let it get hotter. I would also turn off the heat/light for at least 9 hours at night. Try to make it the same hours every night. They do well on routine. Not so well with erratic hours.

No more of the symptoms you described/showed us?

Good looking T.radix.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foxrun402 View Post
    she didn't appear to look blue or faded anywhere and she lets me handle her without any problems

Edit: also feeding behavior appeared normal as well.. no problems eating or didn't appear to have any of the "shakes" while eating
    They don't appear blue or opaque when it's a retained shed. Remember, by the time it's shedding time, they clear up. No more cloudy look. With a retained shed, they just look rather dull and somewhat dark compared to normal. But this doesn't look like that. There's nice contrast. Maybe it isn't retained shed but the only other times I've seen that reaction/motion is when it was a retained shed. But it doesn't just go away unless they shed.

Yah their heat lamps are on a timer so they are only on for 12 hours during the day and then they dim out... luckily the timer was dual outlet and now its working for both of them lol

Edit: and no she seems to be doing much better... she is very active though and curious about what I am doing all the time lol

I also got her to eat piece of a pinky earlier and she seemed to enjoy that so i will let her rest a few days now because she seems to be packed on food already... need to just let her be for a while and watch her closely... will keep this updated though!
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

Banned

Sounds great. Glad it wasn't the worst-case scenario I described.

I actually think she may have bigger problems... This morning she was wandering around and then she just all the sudden flipped out and basically died again..n I could see this bulge in her so i felt it a little and it moved... I gently moved it all the way up and regurgitated her... then soaked her and sat her under the heat lamp... miraculously... she came back to me... and she is wandering around again.... I don't know what to say to this I tried to rub war water and a soft wash cloth all over her last night and couldn't get anything to happen with that... Maybe she ate something in the outside world causing this? She is ok for now...
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

Her tail was broken a good ways up from the vent as well... She isn't looking good and now the thing that happened this morning was not good it was similar to the cases of people waking up with crushed babies from failure to thrive thats how she looked this morning when i revived her again... not sure there is much i can do
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

she is having seizures again =(

I think it may be pain from the broken tail.... but that im not sure of....
    Last edited by Foxrun402; 11-05-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

She is off substrate back on paper towels and bare minimums

Her last seizure .... T.o.D... 11-5-12 7:10am, Cause still unknown =*(

when she past she looked failure to thrive... crushed in... I put her in the water bowl head out of water once again and only got one last head nod before she couldn't do it anymore =( she was so awesome right when i got her and started caring for her and affectionate barely got to know her but will miss her for sure =(
    Last edited by Foxrun402; 11-05-2012 at 07:17 AM.
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket