Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random seizures

Re: Random seizures

I finally got him to drink some water. He had me worried. He's been sleeping through most of the day. Most of his little twitches seem to make him rub/smack his face onto my finger... It's kind of weird. His whole body tenses up sometimes, and it's a horrible feeling when you know that it's causing him trouble.
    Earlier in the day I had set him down in the little 1l container so I could move some stuff around. The second I set him down, he started having a seizure. I felt horrible that I was the one who seemed to cause that seizure. Right after his seizure he just slithered out of the container and onto my hand. He really seemed to be comforted by me. He spends hours just sitting on my chest while I'm reading. I'm really not kidding when I say he's a sweetheart. His eyes and face alone will make your heart melt.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Right..if he is having seizures, something else is going on. Possum does not have seizures. I am so sorry he and you are going through this. I wish I could offer some insight as to what could be causing it...but I don't know. I hope he gets better. I will be thinking about you.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

I'm not sure if its a true seizure, its just easier. He twitches, slithers sideways, tenses up, etc. Just not knowing what is going on puts a strainon my mind. I'm obviously trying hard to keep positive.
    Besides, Marnie, the title is 'random seizures'... Where did you gather that it was something else?
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots

Hoping derpy pulls through! At least you are making him as comfortable as possible. Good luck you two.
    mike

I'm so sorry this is happening. I wish there was something I could do to help.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

It's okay, I'm happy knowing that even if he doesn't pull through, he had a better life than he would have out in the wild I've accepted that I might not be able to save him, but that doesn't mean I wont try everything I can to keep my little Derpy alive.
    Chantel

Even if he was with another owner, you can't be too sure that someone would go through the trouble to keep him comfortable and do what you are doing for your little boy! Keeping fingers crossed for you two!
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Yeah, but I don't know why someone wouldn't want to comfort this little cutie! I'm making him a special blanket so he'll be comfortable in the 1l carrier. He sleeps most of the day, so I imagine he'd like a blanket to snuggle up in.
    Chantel

No seizures today. Just chilling and sleeping. I set him in the tank so that he could have some rest out of the light, and when I put him on his blanket, he slithered right up to the plastic and stared at me before having the biggest yawn I've ever seen a little snakie make. It was so cute!
    Chantel

Well...like I said before, it sounds a lot like Possum. So I am suspecting that it is some sort of progressive neuro problem, but I am not sure. I hope Derpy pulls through though.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe