Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Subadult snake i_heart_sneakie_snakes's Avatar

Re: Garter Bachelor Pad of Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by InsanePirateDragon View Post

Dovah
    Paarthy
    or Sully
    Playing a little Skyrim are we?? Lol. We just got a new kitten who everyone wanted to name Paarthurnax. But I call him dovahkiin
    0.2.4 T.s. Fitchi - Flickabee and Salem
    0.1 T.s. Sirtalis - Failte

1.1 T.e.Vagrans - Lumiere and Pumpkin
    T.s. Pickeringii- Little Boy Blue

Yeah, I think Marley knows that he's a handsome boy, and a friendly personality to boot. I love that guy so much.

And it must be something about albinos and plants. Sully loves to perch in his plant quite a bit and chill out there while I mist it, which he seems to love. He's starting to let me hold him a bit but he's still pretty skittish, he won't be perching on any laptops anytime soon just yet.
    My girl is up in the trees more than she is on the ground it seems, albino. Maybe an albino thing.

Subadult snake InsanePirateDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by i_heart_sneakie_snakes View Post
    Playing a little Skyrim are we?? Lol. We just got a new kitten who everyone wanted to name Paarthurnax. But I call him dovahkiin
    Perhaps... *shifty eyes*... Its' not like I have 100+ hours put into that game, but who's counting after the first 40...

But the next guy I get, he's gonna be called 'Dovah or Paarthy' no matter what, unless he looks like another name. But thats going to have to wait until after the vacation.

Sully and Marley are enough right now since I have to board them and my grumpy Leo for a week and a week and a half at the reptile store which is a little over a month away and still thinking about it makes me a nervous Reptile Momma. Curse having Herpetophobic friends who won't toss a couple of worms to a snake and check on water.

Though I think Snake Guy there is going to get a kick out of it, he fell in love with Marley, since he was surprised he wasn't more upset about being sexed.

But good news this morning, I woke up to a nice fresh shed from Little Sully Didn't even know he was about to shed, he's been eating wonderfully everyday about half to two thirds of a worms. Got to learn how to notice incoming sheds on albinos.

And Marley's being sulky somewhat, he's eating just fine but has spent most of his time hiding or basking under the ramp, probably still not use to his new house which is considerately bigger than what he had. He went from a 10 gal to a 40 gal. So I think he'll be better with some more cover and once I get the timer working again for his light.
    2.0.0 T. s. parietalis (Marley and Sully)
    One Ornate Box Turtle
    And one grumpy bitey Leopard Gecko

It really does seem to be a thing with albinos and trees...my albinos love to get up in their trees. Interestingly...they haven't been doing it much lately...I used to put their red lamp on at night and turn it off during the day...since they seem to be noctural. I recently started putting it on during the day and turning it off at night...to see if it would encourage them to come out more during the day. It hasn't worked...they never come out during the day. I guess I will start putting it on at night again...so that maybe they will come out and bask under it again.

Sully is lovely! He looks a lot like Mr. Joe Peachbottom. And I just love Marley...he's so gorgeous. I love how he hams it up in photos! You could definitely try misting. I mist at least once a day in all of my tanks. Especially if it is so warm there. Just watch that the substrate doesn't get damp...stick to misting plants...and make sure the humidity doesn't get too high. I'd say you probably don't want it over 70%. I think it is really difficult to tell when albinos are going to shed. I basically just watch for mine to start hiding a lot more than usual. I really haven't been very good at pinning down definite signs of an impending shed. I think that Hermes face starts to look crackly and his lips look a little inflammed almost as if he has a minor lip infection...which I have seen in other albinos before a shed. It's easier with my snow...Possum's skin gets folds in it before he sheds. But they both still surprise me most of the time.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

...... Got to learn how to notice incoming sheds on albinos...........
    Good luck with that. Binky has had about 8 sheds now, and most of them catch us by surprise.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Smells Like Teen Spirit Invisible Snake's Avatar

Do albino garter snakes eyes become blue when they are getting ready to shed? I've never noticed my albinos eyes go opaque ever.

They get a hazed look to them. Not near as noticeable as non-albinos.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Okay, everyone had a bit of a pool day this afternoon mostly because it was reading 90 in the house today while its 86 degrees outside to cool everyone off a bit. Right now in Kansas the weather keeps going up and down, like it normally does this time of year so its hard to justify turning on the air for a day.

Marley didn't do so bad for the first time in the tub and started swimming some slow circles around the tub, though I think the redhead drank some of the pool water, silly boy, not like he didn't just get his waterbowl cleaned out after pooping in it or anything

And afterwards, he wanted his chin rubbed for being a good boy

Sully didn't go in the tub or sink but a little container and he didn't like it one bit though getting fed afterwards made up for it.

And I've been misting his plant and making sure he soaks so he doesn't get dried out in the heat. Once it gets darker the temp should drop considerately.
    One Ornate Box Turtle

Good looking bath time.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

Gah, confound being so busy.

With Memorial Day and whatnot last week was just crazy, and little Miss Turtle I'm working on setting up for the moment. I will try to get pictures of everyone soon, Sully's looks like he's gotten so much bigger already, or that might just be me.

And to top it off, I might be having to go into the doc's to get one of the many toe issues I have. My family has bad toenails and one has decided to boycott walking at the moment so I've been having to limp around for the moment.
    One Ornate Box Turtle