Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    "Preparing For Second shed" gibble888's Avatar

Re: Canadian breeders?

Happy to hear you got your infernalis fix!!

Hi, I'm New Here!

mind telling me where you got the garters from, I'm in Ontario as well and looking for a breeder.

HiIm a breeder from Canada if you are looking for Eastern Garters let me know. :-)

Never shed

Cant exactly call myself a breeder yet but i will be pairing these 2 after a winter cool-down, female is in DEEP shed so not the best pics, but you get the idea :P

DSCN0375.jpgDSCN0386.jpg

Hi, I'm New Here!

great, I'm not in a rush yet and still hoping to find someone in ontario so I can pick it up and don't have to pay shipping fees, but at least its getting a lot more affordable than getting it from the states.

Hi if you are looking for a breeder of T,Sirtalis sirtalis your looking at one lol.What exactly are you looking for?Im in Montreal25671_383778572196_6525209_n.jpg25671_384006012196_6813321_n.jpgIMG_2246.jpg

Never shed

Quote Originally Posted by jwolfe152 View Post
    i have heard that import fees from the u.s. to canada are very expensive and lots of paperwork. what kind of garters are you looking for?
    What sort of paperwork should I be looking forward to? I am almost done paying for my two across the border.. so worth it.

Hi, I'm New Here!

I live in Calgary, and I have been looking for garter snake breeders for a while, but I just can't find any! Is there anybody in Calgary that is breeding and selling garter snakes (I don't care about colour)?

"Third shed In Progress"

Quote Originally Posted by FezCow View Post
    I live in Calgary, and I have been looking for garter snake breeders for a while, but I just can't find any! Is there anybody in Calgary that is breeding and selling garter snakes (I don't care about colour)?
    I know there was some garters at the expo on the west coast earlier in the year. They had San Francisco, California red-sided and checkered garters there. I don't know who was selling them specifically, maybe a local Calgary or Alberta reptile page could point you in the right direction. I'm sure there's a few on Facebook.

"Preparing For Fourth shed" Spankenstyne's Avatar

Be sure to check out the WCRE in Red Deer this weekend, there will likely be a variety of Garters available.

We currently have a wee-runty male infernalis (California Red Sided) available still from last year, and expect a late season litter from our big female soon as well.

I would be surprised if there were Garters for sale at any of the BC shows, all Thamnophis are currently illegal with the BC regs (unless something recently changed that I missed?). The Red Deer, Calgary and Edmonton expos usually have some Garters available though. Being in Calgary make sure you go see Jim @ J&J Reptiles, he usually has a few species available at any given time.
    Chris