Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Re: Gail's garter - the snake kind silly.

How cute! That looks like a nice spot to lay
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Zena & Sadie seem to enjoy hanging together, but Mona on the other hand will NOT enter the cave if Zena is in it. She's wary of Zena, will not go close to her but will lay next to Sadie. I'm curious to see how Mona will intact, if at all with Zena when she's an adult. But then she's not as friendly with people either.....maybe a melanistic thing, I dunno.
    11-14-12.jpg
    Mona (T.S. sirtalis) Melanistic
    Fiona (T.S similis) Normal

I think that snakes named Sadie like to cuddle . My Sadie is a cuddler too. My snakes often confuse themselves with Amazon Tree Boas...and striking rattlers. Lol. From what I have been told from several people, Tilapia is the lowest in mercury and other contaminants. I feed tilapia mostly, and occasionally I feed farm raised rainbow trout or salmon. I try to feed worms and pinkies the most though. Cleo is still MIA? That is terrible...I'm sorry.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

that is a cute picture though! They look like mother and daughter they way they are resting in somewhat the same position lol
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

No Cleo, never saw any tracks or signs at all that she is lurking in the house. I pretty much have given up hope on her return, eyes still well up when I look at her pics, or any red sided that are as brightly colored as she is.

As for Zena and Sadie they are so much alike in personality. So sweet and friendly, I just wish Mona was the same. TJ said tonight that I should trade Mona for a T.S Parietalis, he really like Cleo too. I'm hoping she gets sweeter with age.

Banned

I've had luck finding missing snakes before. Try this: close up all windows, outside doors, etc. Open all inside doors. Turn on a very hot shower and let the steam distribute throughout the house. The idea is to raise the humidity to high levels fast. If a snake is hiding somewhere in the house, this will usually get them to come out. I think it's because they're thirsty, but whatever the reason, it's worked more than once for me. I would give it a few hours like that and see if she doesn't show up.

I've gotta stay away from reptile shows. I went to Winston Salem's first ReptiCon planning on coming home with a tree frog. It was a small show since they had the smallest building in the complex so I didn't have my hopes up on finding any garters here. I saw a few albino checker babies, then I saw this little girl behind the table holding this beautiful garter. I asked about it, and the guy said it was an Iowa Eastern. Well I just couldn't resist since while I was holding her she was total sweetness in my hands. The guy said he's had her for 4 years and was not going to be breeding garters anymore and that's why she was for sale. I looked at my husband and he said for $35 you can take her home. Who was I to argue with my man. The guy selling her said he was happy that she's going to a good home. So this girl is in 60 day quarantine and settling in nicely. I gotta stay away from the shows.

11-17-12.jpg11-17-12a.jpg

For 22 quid.Tidy
    Will

Iowa Eastern. That's funny.
    Looks T.s.pish.
    Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis (Red Sided Garter)
    Got a tail shot so we can sex her/him?
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I was also thinking looks like a red sided. I thought Iowas were albinos. Or is that just Plains?

Edit: Woops for to say how pretty she is She'll make a nice addition with the girls after quarantine.
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie