Page 245 of 1410 FirstFirst ... 1451952352432442452462472552953457451245 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 14098
    Basilisk (The King of all Serpents) enigma200316's Avatar

Re: what are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    I aim to please.

Actually, I wish I liked jam. They put that stuff in EVERYTHING. I don't know if any of you have ever been to a birthday party or something like that, and not been able to eat anything there, but it's pretty much routine for me.

edit: this is waaay off topic, I'm surprised James hasn't stepped in yet.

no I think its some what relative, and yes thats the movie Stefan....
    Justin

Re: Its oh so quiet Shh Shh

Things are starting to look up, sort of. I got most of my computer parts, the one still missing is in the mail and should arrive on monday, all my snakes are still eating and both my female mice are fat and ready to pop any day now.

But the squeaking noises the male makes are still disconcerting and I expect the worst.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" CrazyHedgehog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post

But the squeaking noises the male makes are still disconcerting and I expect the worst.
    Squeaking noises?

Mice can be vocal when first put together or humping... then they squeak...

If they sound like they are chuntering or snuffling, then its a cold, and they very rarely recover without antibiotics...hes probably snake food!!
    Inge
    our house is like a zoo, too many to list here!

"PM Boots For Custom Title" CrazyHedgehog's Avatar

But talking of squeaking, my rats gave birth!!
    Inge
    our house is like a zoo, too many to list here!

Stefan, glad your computer parts are coming in. I can't believe your mice are already preggers. I'm so jealous.

Inge, congrats on your rats giving birth. I'm so jealous. Lol!

I have an exciting thing going on here-- Mordecai and Miriam were both cruising the tank this evening looking for food, so I went ahead and fed them-- and little tiny Miriam just grabbed her SECOND pinky!!!!! I still can't believe she's going to get it down...
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHedgehog View Post
    Squeaking noises?

Mice can be vocal when first put together or humping... then they squeak...

If they sound like they are chuntering or snuffling, then its a cold, and they very rarely recover without antibiotics...hes probably snake food!!
    That's the conclusion I arrived at, it's definitely not normal communication. The hobbyists I've talked to also pointed out that he's probably snake food even with antibiotics. Anyway, we'll see what the vet has to say about his condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori P View Post
    Stefan, glad your computer parts are coming in. I can't believe your mice are already preggers. I'm so jealous.

Inge, congrats on your rats giving birth. I'm so jealous. Lol!

I have an exciting thing going on here-- Mordecai and Miriam were both cruising the tank this evening looking for food, so I went ahead and fed them-- and little tiny Miriam just grabbed her SECOND pinky!!!!! I still can't believe she's going to get it down...
    Congratulations!

They apparently got busy right away, I've had them something like 23 days.

I always wanted to breed rats! ......my dad would kill me!
    Josh

0.0.2 T.s.sirtalis

Well, I took the plunge last night and fed my two mice to the balls. I mean, they weren't breeding and she was still beating him up... and quite honestly, they were just to stinky to keep as pets.

The one thing I can say is, it was remarkably fast. I made myself stay and watch the first one because if it was horrible I was going to snatch the other one back out. But it wasn't-- it was VERY fast and not even a sqeak emerged. And wow, wow, wow what a difference in Squiggles' feeding reaction... instead of spending all evening (literally) trying to dangle the f/t mouse just right for her to get it, she actually fed herself in a split second...

Fluffy did not eat again, so Squiggles got both. Fluffy must be a on a serious hunger strike to not go after a live mouse.

The other thing I found interesting is that the mice were not scared-- I put them in the cage and they explored and climbed everything and even sat on Fluffy... LOL!!! Then when I moved them to Sqiggles' feeding tank they were the same-- no fear. So that made me feel a bit better. It was still a strange experience for me, but... it was obviously so good for Squiggles... it was so much more natural for her. It has me thinking...
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

When i get my ball python i might use live as a way to stop a hunger strike but as i heard from your story it doesnt do much... you see you have to watch becaus they can cause a lot of harm to the snake. So if you think about it the benifits out way the risks. I have seen eye injuries which can infect and cause death.
    Josh

0.0.2 T.s.sirtalis