Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally!

Re: Finally!

Not really Joe...I still can't get my levels up to where I would like them to be. I tried the moss like you said but it really didn't make that much of a difference. When the days get warmer here..I don't seem to have a problem, but as long as it's cold...it is really tough to get the humidity up over 40% at the highest...it usually stays around 30% unless I am misting daily and covering the tanks with towels. My last two snakes that shed, the sheds were perfect...but I would really be more satisfied if I could get the humidity levels up to 50% on a regular basis.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

thats because your keeping your snakes in a screen top enclosure which is very difficult to keep the humidity up in unless you restrict most airflow and plus its winter. when spring comes back round everything wont be so dry

"Preparing For Third shed"

Well I have screen top as well and my humidity is never under 40% its actually at 49% right now.
    John !
    " A snake is only as calm as its handler "

0.1 - T.s.parietalis

Right Joe...I hear you. John...I think in your case because your temps run high in your house, the humidity in your house in general probably runs high.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe