Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Caught in the drain

That pink basin you can probably get at your local doctor's office or urgent/prompt care. They get them in by the hundreds at our local urgent care.
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

"Preparing For First shed"

Cool, I'll try to pick up something at the hospital next time I'm at work.

Oh...and if you've been following the "wash your hands" thread...if you get salmonella and puke all night long...you get to take one home for free! Lol! Sorry...I couldn't resist that one....
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Oh...and if you've been following the "wash your hands" thread...if you get salmonella and puke all night long...you get to take one home for free! Lol! Sorry...I couldn't resist that one....
    Not free, probably would cost you around $1,500.00
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Didymus20X6's Avatar

You can get plastic tubs with lids at Wal-Mart for like $4. They're plenty big enough for a snakie to swim around in, and if one keeps trying to escape, you can always install a screen in the lid and put it on when in use.
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

We just let ours swim in the bath. The overflow is too high for them to reach, I think the two Cuitzeos could reach, but they're too big to get in. Usually we give them turns in the bath, no more than two at a time so we can keep a close watch on them. We also put an upside down plastic lid in to provide a rest platform... For what it's worth, the Cuitzeos prefer to sit on the bottom and hold their breath, Vlad likes to wrap his tail round the plug to anchor him down.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

That's cute...I have never given my snakes a swim before...well that's not true...once I put a big plastic dish in the enclosure for them to swim in...I need to start letting them have a swim more often.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Geo Flat.

What?
    Marnie

"First shed In Progress"

That's sad. I hate when things like that happen where you are in a case that you need to worry about if you hurt it for it's own good or not. The bright side is, she is alive, and still with you. Going down the drain would have been a sad thing to go through.