Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Snake prejudices... Grrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Char361979 View Post
    SO today I was told that I'm (and I quote) 'Mental' for having anything to do with 'those filthy animals' that are 'the inbodiment of satan' let alone having them in my house. Same mare of a woman informed me that she hoped I didn't have children as she felt it would be 'boardering on abuse' to 'expose' my children to them..... she was a customer.... everything I could do not to stuff her book on puppy care up her a**eh*le.
    Kick her out and ban her for life from that store on the grounds that she's being abusive to employees and causing damage, as well as being an obviously unfit parent and pet owner and the store wants no part of that.

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by d_virginiana View Post
    I'm currently in the process of collecting Satan's embodiments from around the world. So far I have snakes (Europe) and a pacman frog (South America). Does anyone have suggestions for what harmless critter I should get next? lol
    i have newts from several places in China and Japan axolotl's from Mexico tortoise's from south America and Africa more newts from Europe [mainland Europe that is] guppy's from tropical north America and did i mention my garters from the USA and Canada
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by Char361979 View Post
    SO today I was told that I'm (and I quote) 'Mental' for having anything to do with 'those filthy animals' that are 'the inbodiment of satan' let alone having them in my house. Same mare of a woman informed me that she hoped I didn't have children as she felt it would be 'boardering on abuse' to 'expose' my children to them..... she was a customer.... everything I could do not to stuff her book on puppy care up her a**eh*le.
    she didn't mind her children sharing their home with a descendant of the wolf then

SCOUSER

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    Coventry, the wonderful (ahem) city that we now find ourselves calling home, is full of ignorant, bigoted, ignorant, poorly educated, idiots. Fortunately, I work from home or with customers around the country, so I don't come into contact with many of them. Char unfortunately works in a shop, fortunately it's a bookshop which keeps the worst of them away.
    Give me my snakes (the embodiment of Satan) any day.
    how can those poor people of Coventry be any thing else but ignorant if nobody speaks to anybody else in that city not sure our American cousin's will get that one

"Preparing For First shed" maverick's Avatar

I get that alot also. I have a daughter that will be 2 in February. When people find out that i have multiple snakes they always say that i shouldn't have them because of my daughter. she is more dangerous to my snakes than they are to her since she likes to beat on there enclosures and the one time i let her hold a snake she did not let go Some people are just ignorant and there is nothing we can do about it.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Ooh, you know what's worse than getting animals for Christmas presents? Those geniuses that think it's a good idea to get their kids chicks or ducks for Easter. Every March our local Tractor Supply gets a huge load of baby birds just because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by snakehill View Post
    A Tarantula would have to be next!
    I think that is a splendid idea. I'll have to wait until my millipede ages out though, as it would hurt his feelings if he weren't the only invertebrate around any more.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

Subadult snake

Quote Originally Posted by d_virginiana View Post
    I'll have to wait until my millipede ages out though, as it would hurt his feelings if he weren't the only invertebrate around any more.
    How long do millis live? Female Ts can live 10+ years, males usually around 5.
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids