Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: baby racks

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: baby racks

Quote Originally Posted by RdubSnider View Post
    Pretty good idea. Been thinking of bldg a baby rack myself. Do you think back heat would be good enough for the babies or should I stick with belly heat?
    That is up to you. I'm going to try back heat on mine that i build because i think that it will work just fine as long as you have the insulation on the back. I will keep posted on this when it is built. I will be using a thermometer or temp gun to check the temps. The only thing i'm worried about is if i can get a gradient temp inside. I think as long as i drill lots of ventilation holes in the container they will be a cool end and a warm end.
    Bluesirtalis

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

Re: baby racks

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    How would they get light? I don't know anything about baby care, new to snake keeping, but wouldn't they need more than a shoebox? Just curious, not telling you how to do it.
    This has been a controversial topic for some time now. I don't think they actually require lights as long as they are kept at the right temps. My snake room is like a sun room it has lots of windows with lots of sunshine coming in. Now as they grow some garters don't tend to breed as well without lights, but as long as the racks are clear and the room is lit up and they can tell the difference between night and day i don't see a problem with it.
    Bluesirtalis