Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is she gravid??

Re: Is she gravid??

Hi Ameivaboy! Congrads! (Oh, I mean, ya, I think she's gravid)!

cool, thanks for the responses everyone ,maybe ill bring home a couple more lumpy females while we still have em : ^ D well, maybe not already have a ton of mouths to feed already but it is tempting
    here's a couple extra pix

Nice pictures. I see that based on the scale count from the second picture, you have a T.s. pickeringii. Ten dorsal scales to the center line, so 19 total dorsal scale rows. She's a beauty!

Rick

Thanks, her and the male were hand picked from a lot of about 50 that we received from Bob Macken (which i saw a post here of him having sick snakes,but havent noticed any we received in poor health) the newest female is also from Macken ina second shipment we received, only problem i have noticed with her is a bit missing from her tail, if I have babies I plan on selling them as Captive Born as opposed to Captive Bred even though Bob says they are captive bred im not sure if i really beleive that as who has that many adult snakes to just sell with very few actual babies????

You're very lucky if they come from Bob, after reading through quite some other stories here. Well to me she also looks gravid and she's a beauty, good luck with her

Holy cow Kevin. You received over 50 snakes from him? You must work in a pet store or something? The optimist in me hopes that some of the pressure and feedback that Garterking, myself, and many others put on him might have made an impression and done some good. The skeptic in me says that once trust is lost, it is hard to regain.

Please keep us informed about the health of your large shipment over time, so we'll be able to gauge whether his snakes have received adequate treatment or not. Hopefully, 2007 will be a better year for his snakes & customers . Best of luck,

Rick

pet store? close.... i work for a wholesaler/exporter as my "fun" job (my regular full time job is in the digital imaging field)

I wish I could see the snakes long term for observation but being in the business we are in most animals arent with us very long, but in daily visual inspections/watering/feeding times I really havent noticed anything too disconcerning about the animals in question (if I had I wouldnt have gotten some for my personal collection) What problems have people had with his snakes?? None of ours have been emaciated/dehydrated, had blisters, or any other visual signs of something wrong, So if someone has an issue with one of his snakes I'd certainly liek to hear about it to double check the animals we have for similar conditions, though I am skeptical to them being captive bred still and i would bet some if not all have internal parasites (but i have not seen any external ones) so yea, that's all i have for now : ^ )