Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Home

Banned

Re: New Home

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    that is fantastic.... I want to do something like this so bad!
    OK, I'll allow it (JK) for one very large setup.

I would also love to have a natural looking setup in about a 150 gallon tank about 18 inches deep. You know, nice and long with a small water feature on one end, high, dry and warm on the other. even like that, garters would have to be few and it would be very expensive to do it right.

You and I both know the kind of maintenance it would take to do that. It's a PITA although this particular setup looks manageable.

When it comes to garters, I must strike a balance. For the love of snakes, it has to be easy to clean, and inhabitants must be carefully chosen. Amy's enclosure is about as natural as it will ever be. She'll get bigger and simplicity and her needs/comfort will be a priority.

Over the years, I've tried natural looking, and actual natural viv's. It's all about balance. a nice looking large, natural type enclosure looks great but when it comes to inhabitants, they must be chosen carefully. Much of it is a learning experience, with experimentation. You find out what works, what doesn't, etc.

It does look good though. Monitor closely and watch for environmental/maintenance issues.

"Preparing For First shed" De Foezel's Avatar

Re: New Home

looks great