Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: start with a 10 or 20 Gallon???

I haven't tried the heat mat you were looking at on Big Apple, but I have 3 of their Dragon's Lair ones. I like them way better than the Zoo Med one I've got. The shipping from Big Apple is expensive, but where I got 3 mats at one time, it actually made them a little less expensive than the Zoo Med ones at Petco. So if you had some other things you wanted to get from them that might make the shipping more cost effective. The thing I like about the Dragon's Lair over the Zoo Med is that they don't get as hot, you still need a rheostat or thermastat, but unregulated my Zoo Med will get to 120 degrees, the Dagon's Lair will get to 100 degrees, which is still too hot, but it takes it way longer to get that high, so you would have more time to notice if something is wrong with your rheostat.
    Too many snakes! 15 species and counting. 2.2 plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.1 evil cats.
    Elemental Exotics

Re: start with a 10 or 20 Gallon???

Quote Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
    Unless, you get a 10, grow up your snake, and then get that one a 20, and then get a little male for the 10... see how this starts?! it's crazy!!!
    I like it...I can see how the disease begins. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    I've tried the store bought hides and my snake don't used then as much as a good old cardboard box. When your walking around Walmart or any other store and they're stocking shelves, ask for the boxes that would make good hides. Free is great.
    You reminded me when I was a kid, I had a pet Eastern ribbon and I used a cigar box for a hide. I loved it because I could open the top and peek.

Quote Originally Posted by Charis View Post
    I haven't tried the heat mat you were looking at on Big Apple, but I have 3 of their Dragon's Lair ones. I like them way better than the Zoo Med one I've got.
    Yeah...I like the Dragon's Lair too.