Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In Hog Heaven

Re: Thamnophis Folks' Recipes - Italian

Stefan, love. KIS I can handle... Eye ur snot stupid.

Otay. You say po-ta-toe; I say po-tay-toe. You say to-ma-toe; I say to-may-toe.

I'm a multi-procedured, non-baking, slow food foodie. Your not.
    2.0 NY Eastern Garters; Peepers, Jeepers
    3.1 Western Hoggies; Kenabec, Niizh, Kokopelli, Anasazi
    3.0 Puget Garters; Kunikpok, Tungortok, 'Rockster
    1.0 Eastern Milk; Carmello

Never shed

Wow, I read the title to this thread and my first thought was "Wow, these people cut up their snakes and eat them?" Thamnophis recipes. Thamnophis folk's recipes. Big dif.
    It made me laugh, but in truth I know you wouldn't do that.

Dude, I agree with Stefan. Your recipes sound delicious, Gertie, but my idea of cooking is throwing something in the microwave. And I usually am so impatient that I pull it out before the timer beeps.

Also, I love stir fry. Easy and fast. My mom used to come home from work and be mad that all I'd eaten that day was potatoes and tofu and onions.

Complete nutrition for humans: Dark chocolate!!!!!!!!!!! high in anti-oxidents. My main food staple.

HA! I'm such a slob. I'm horrible. I'll probably die of malnutrition in a couple years. Lol
    0.1.0 Thamnophis sirtalis pickeringii
    0.1.0 Thamnophis elegans elegans

Never shed

What is "KISS"? "KIS"?

"Third shed, A Success" Hornets23's Avatar

Keep it simple stupid....i think.
    ~Christa

Never shed

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets23 View Post
    Keep it simple stupid....i think.
    AHAha! I love that!

I'm easily entertained

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Too complicated. If it has more than 4 steps, I'm not doing it.

By the way, this is very off-topic.

I am soooo with you on this Stefan!!!
    Stephanie

In Hog Heaven

Well, it was just an idea in case there were others here that cooking is also a hobby of theirs. I totally enjoy spending a day in the kitchen on weekends creating wonderful, warm, rich entrees/meals.

Or not even that, what if someone has a favorite comfort food - like mashed potatoes with lots of butter and onions...

Stuff like that - that we like to eat.

Just thought it might be a nice thread for us to share something else in addition to books, music, pets, etc.
    2.0 NY Eastern Garters; Peepers, Jeepers
    3.1 Western Hoggies; Kenabec, Niizh, Kokopelli, Anasazi
    3.0 Puget Garters; Kunikpok, Tungortok, 'Rockster
    1.0 Eastern Milk; Carmello

Quote Originally Posted by Garter_Gertie View Post
    Well, it was just an idea in case there were others here that cooking is also a hobby of theirs. I totally enjoy spending a day in the kitchen on weekends creating wonderful, warm, rich entrees/meals.

Or not even that, what if someone has a favorite comfort food - like mashed potatoes with lots of butter and onions...

Stuff like that - that we like to eat.

Just thought it might be a nice thread for us to share something else in addition to books, music, pets, etc.

GREAT idea mk!!!
    Stephanie

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kbear View Post
    Your recipes sound delicious, Gertie, but my idea of cooking is throwing something in the microwave. And I usually am so impatient that I pull it out before the timer beeps.
    This is so me!!! My kids are almost out of the house and I'm still trying to master this cooking thing! Hubby went out to vote & stopped to get me flowers last night(aaawwww) and the neighbor happened to be in line behind him. Of course, the neighbor had to ask if hubby was in trouble and hubby simply replied, "Nope, Tami's cooking dinner!" A little positive reinforcement never hurt. lol

For anyone interested, this is about as complicated as I get... hubby and kids were quite impressed! Pork chops, dipped in egg/cream mixture, then into bottled grated parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder, whatever other spices seemed like they'd be ok, then fried in olive oil & served with boxed pasta mix & sautéed brocolli... it really was good Tonight it's hamburgers, but at least I'm cooking them here... I'm trying, really! lol
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

I used to like to cook
    it may be something I could enjoy again some day
    for now, Jeff does most of the cooking, with some cameo appearances by myself
    I did teach him most of what I once knew and I still do soups and stews better
    the thing is that he's vegetarian and doesn't like many vegetables; and Mikhaila doesn't eat any dairy (other than yoghurt and ice cream), no tomatoes, not many vegetables; after all that sleep deprivation I just really no longer had the mental capacity to figure out what there was left to eat
    I am craving a red bean chili with beef and it really all needs to cook together - it's like an alchemical process
    there's not much need to prepare italian food around here
    we live in Brooklyn where I can choose from four italian restaurants within two blocks from my house - and it's not an italian neighbourhood
    i'm using the term restaurant loosely here, as these are small places with two to four tables
    for some reason I don't cook german food either, even though my mother was a fantastic cook
    but christmas dinner is something I have done in the past years - just in order to escape the dratted turkey
    for some reason nobody in Jeff's family can cook, and that's the only part of christmas I care about enough to put work into, because the eating together is what makes it a family thing (it's strange doing the jewish version of christmas)
    so I make the goose, with the apple and chestnut stuffing, but the vegetable selection is quite different from my mother's
    her's was red cabbage simmered slowly for two days with onions, apple pieces and goose fat; cauliflower cooked to death in a white sauce; boiled potatoes, salad
    I do salad also and I do make my mother's fantastic cream sauce from the goose drippings and that does goes really well with the boiled potatoes, but we part in terms of the other veggies
    I go for dark leafy greens, sauteed with garlic and a dash of mirin, ginger baked squash, the traditional american baked yams, and perhaps a fairly plain string bean or broccoli dish
    gosh - I must be having an appetite or something . . .
    sorry - none of it is italian
    recipes available upon request
    rhea
    "you cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus" Mark Twain