Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: tell me ure snake exscape stories!!!!

You guys are scaring me... I'm so afraid I'm going to loose one!!! The Pugets are so small I'd never find them!! I think if one of the ball pythons ever got out, she would crawl down to the floor, yawn, and take a nap... lol
    Lori, New Hope Rescue-- rescuing equines and others
    www.newhoperescueva.com

I one and only escape I have ever had was in 1966. Please note my wife does not....I repeat, does not share my love for snakes. In fact she's terrified of them. I got home from work late one night, my wife was already asleep. I checked on the pair of Eastern Garters in our bed room and saw one was missing. Did not want to wake her. I knew she would never go back to sleep. So, decided to wait until morning to find it. When we woke up, she starts to make the bed and found my adlut female under her pillow, snug as a bug. Needless to say she wasn't nearly as happy with the find as I was.
    Sid
    9.14 T. s sirtalis, 2.2. T. ordinoides, 1.1 T. e vagrans, 1.1 T. s parietalis,
    1.0 T. s sackenii- Peninsular Ribbon

My actual adult female, has escaped about 5 times, two of them ended up in my fishtank and she ate half of my guppies, another time I was so worry, I couldn't find her and all the guppies were there so kinda worry me more, I put some plates with fish all over my house (at least in the first floor) then suddenly I heard some noises, Then I saw my snake at the top of my kitchen's door...what the...??? How did she get up my door?, and whe I was little I had a Radix that I found at my garden, she scaped and dessapeared for 3 months..I found her really skinny but she recovered very well...anyway, now I'm more careful.

But once I had a Red Kneed Tarantula, so we were on vacation and my mom gave the kyes of the house to my uncle, so he could feed the dogs, the fish and the birds...but probably my cousins were playing with the Tarantula (a little bit big, so I think they were just curious) , and they left the top of the cage all wrong so a few days later, guess what...no tarantula, anywhere so for 2 more nights all of us slept with one eye opened ...we found the spider on the 2nd floor, on the TV room

"Third shed, A Success" GarterGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anji1971 View Post
    But I'm not so sure Mikhaila is exaggerating................
    Atleast someone agrees with me.
    MIKHAILA

"Second shed, A Success"

these are great stories keep them comming

I have had too many escapes to list........ I had an albino red sider escape this last march...really sucked as some kids next door found her and killed her...when my daughter told me the nieghbor kids had found a snake and killed it, I knew what snake it was....our local snakes hadn't come out of hibernation yet... I was really bummed!! I had a wandering and a valley garter when I graduated from high school. I left that fall for the army. my mom wrote me to tell me that the valley garter escaped. th ey did everything they could short of lifting the house and shaking it to try to find him...he never showed up.
    a few years before that I had 3 wandering garters..my first snakes. one escaped. we searched the entire house for him....we watched in moms storage room upstairs...looked at the dust (she kept the room shut) on the hardwood floor for any signs of the snake. I finally gave up after a week or so....a month later i was going up the stairs to my room and found him laying at the top of the stairs!!! he didn't seem to be any worse after no food or water for a month....I was shocked to find him...and happy!!!!

"Second shed, A Success"

man thats awsome,,,glad u found atleast one of them,,im trying to keep a tight lid on mine from now on,,,getting some new ones this weekend,,,wooohoo,,can u put a corn snake in with the garters?

"First shed In Progress" krystalirelan@southslope.'s Avatar

I had 1 of my corns (5.5 ft male) meet me when i got out of the shower one morning. We also have a 6ft long red tail boa that was a little cage aggressive when we got him so we always removed him from his enclosure to feed him and put him in a smaller tank. One night he hadn't eaten so my husband decided to leave him over night and apparently the smaller cage was not as secure b/c he got out and searched the kitchen and ended up in the pantry. unfortunatelly the falling can goods did not wake us up, but did wake up our daughters toy poodle. 3lbs of barking might annoying him. Luckily, that woke up my husband and he went to see what she was barking at. She was not more than 2 feet from the snake! He's much more docile with feeding now and we can feed him on our "feeding table" like we do the rest.
    Krystal

The Leader of the Eastern Gang anji1971's Avatar

I've been pretty lucky with the snakes so far! Deejay got out when I first bought her the small terrarium, because I underestimated how small she was, and she wormed her way out the air vents at the top, but she didn't go anywhere; I found her hanging out on the top screen having a look at the world. Taped up all those holes for a few months after that!!
    The only other time one escaped was my own dumb fault. Dojo (Deejay's mom) was kept in a tank with just a screen top that I put a rock on top of to hold it down. Well, silly me changed the water and for some reason just wandered off, leaving the top completely off.........oops!
    But Dojo too stayed pretty much nearby, there was a desk lamp on the table next to her tank and I found her curled up around the base of the lamp, sunning herself and looking very pleased about the whole thing!
    Anji

My mother found my ball python (Spot R.I.P) in her bedsheets when I was a kid. She didn't even get mad. She got a little freaked out, but picked it up and put it back in the cage.
    Rich