Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: I'm freaking out about my wee one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytradix View Post
    Smelt contains thiamine. And salmon sometimes has additives to preserve freshness. Always read the ingredients it should say just salmon
    I don't think that is always true Tommy. I think some countries lie and our FDA doesn't check everything. I stay away from any products of China.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

"Preparing For Third shed" Rushthezeppelin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    I don't think that is always true Tommy. I think some countries lie and our FDA doesn't check everything. I stay away from any products of China.
    The FDA is constrained by law to only check something like 5% or 10% of any food product coming from China. You have no idea how much "organic" food that comes from China that isn't organic because they spoof the regulators when they inspect or at the very least it's loaded with heavy metals because of the rampant pollution coming from China's industrial centers. This is all because of the wonderful trade deals we have set up with China that constrain us in this way.

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I have had a similar experience with one of mine in the past. They also did not make it.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rushthezeppelin View Post
    \ You have no idea how much "organic" food that comes from China that isn't organic because they spoof the regulators when they inspect or at the very least it's loaded with heavy metals because of the rampant pollution coming from China's industrial centers.
    Very true; and not just for products from China. As a plant biologist I had to get really closely acquainted with what exactly could pass as 'organic' for sale (due to the concerns surrounding GMOs and pesticide use on plant products) and suffice to say it's about as accurate as shoving a thousand chickens into a barn and calling it 'free range'.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis