Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Blizzard radix female

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    curious where you got your blizzard and your female? not to many of them out there.
    The great Scott Felzer himself!
    Last edited by Taso; 09-07-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: forgot quote

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Jeff B's Avatar

My female is the only one that I have produced and I am glad that she didn't sell, that was 2013. What year are your snakes.

My female is the only one that I have produced and I am glad that she didn't sell, that was 2013. What year are your snakes.
    I'm not entirely sure. I think Felzer may have said the blizzard to be a bit over a year old, and he looks about that age. The female's a giant, I could only guess around 4 years or so.
    Questions left unasked, seems to be too late now. lol

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BUSHSNAKE's Avatar

My blizzard radix female is in good shape for spring. I will be breeding her to my snow radix, so half the babies will be snow and half will be blizzards. Her colors are pretty cool in person, lots of pastel blue, pink and purple and white stripes.
    Attachment 12689Attachment 12690
    from what ive heard youll only get snows if the blizzard is het anery, post pics of the babies when you get them as always good luck

"PM Boots For Custom Title" Tommytradix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHSNAKE View Post
    from what ive heard youll only get snows if the blizzard is het anery, post pics of the babies when you get them as always good luck
    he said the blizzard is axanthix x albino. and the snow is anery x albino. i see only albinos het axanthic and anery coming out. from what i understand anery and axanthic are seperate simple recessives.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" BLUESIRTALIS's Avatar

When the anery and blue axanthic are bred together the blue axanthic comes out codom when bred to normals it comes out recessive. Very strange things going on with this morph!
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytradix View Post
    he said the blizzard is axanthix x albino. And the snow is anery x albino. I see only albinos het axanthic and anery coming out. From what i understand anery and axanthic are seperate simple recessives.
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    When the anery and blue axanthic are bred together the blue axanthic comes out codom when bred to normals it comes out recessive. Very strange things going on with this morph!
    that is because axanthics were first bred to anery and have not been outcrossed except to snows which is the same thing. so axanthics are het anery. if the axanthic is just a axanthic het for nothing it remains recessive no matter what its bred to. i have a male axanthic poss het albino that im going to breed to a wc and a snow then breed the babies back n see what it really is

That could very well be the case, but i never bred any anery or blue axanthics. I know scott felzer told me that some how the anery and blue axanthic were compatible and when he bred anery to blue axanthic he got a mixture of both even when the anery was not het for blue axanthic. Maybe joe or jeff can back this up or shed more light on the situation cause i know they done some outcrossing!
    that is because axanthics were first bred to anery and have not been outcrossed except to snows which is the same thing. So axanthics are het anery. If the axanthic is just a axanthic het for nothing it remains recessive no matter what its bred to. I have a male axanthic poss het albino that im going to breed to a wc and a snow then breed the babies back n see what it really is
    Bluesirtalis

Quote Originally Posted by BLUESIRTALIS View Post
    That could very well be the case, but i never bred any anery or blue axanthics. I know scott felzer told me that some how the anery and blue axanthic were compatible and when he bred anery to blue axanthic he got a mixture of both even when the anery was not het for blue axanthic. Maybe joe or jeff can back this up or shed more light on the situation cause i know they done some outcrossing!
    weird lol joe never bred them but knew the guy who found both morhs.there is another thread about this subject

Yeah, i've read all the threads on this and i know joe never bred them but i think the guy they originated from did and i think joe knows the results or at least i think joe and i had this conversation 5 or 6 years ago. I could be wrong because this was years back, but surely jeff and scott done some outcrossing because these morphs have been around for several years. I know for sure that scott told me he did outcrossing and still got the same results.
    weird lol joe never bred them but knew the guy who found both morhs.there is another thread about this subject
    Bluesirtalis