Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "Preparing For Third shed" Sonya610's Avatar

Re: Shedding in a Snake with Severe Dermatitis

Gosh that is scary stuff! Thank goodness this did not spread to your other animals (or maybe they have been exposed but their immune system keeps it in check, like demodectic mange in dogs?)

Wish you the best. The humidity would worry me too, isn't that supposed to be a cause of dermatitis in some snakes?
    1.1 Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis (Flame and Albino Flame)
    5.2 Canines

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Re: Shedding in a Snake with Severe Dermatitis

I know it can cause scale infection/irritation, but more on the belly than the back and sides I'd think. I've been changing the newspaper bedding every day, so at least it's very clean, but still. Keeping her skin from being damaged more is my priority right now, so I guess I just have to watch for any issues that might be causing...

The others were almost definitely exposed to it, because I didn't realize it was more than a complicated shed at first so didn't have her separated or anything, but she was in her own tank before. Everyone else has had at least one successful shed since this happened though, so they don't seem to have it.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis