Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P. Athena

Re: R.I.P. Athena

Sorry to hear about this She was a very cute girl.
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

RIP, Athena.
    *~Lisa ~*
    0.1 T. S. Pickeringi, 2.2 T. Radixes
    3.0 Cats, 3.0 Dog, 0.1 Hamster, 1.0 Beta
    3.2 Humans

"Fourth shed, A Success" thamneil's Avatar

Really not fun to lose a snake. Especially one that you have put so much in and received so much from. I know exactly what it feels like. I have lost a couple of very cool snakes recently and it really does put a damper on everything. Just remember that these type of things are inevitable with the live critters that we cherish so much. Keep your head high and try to look ahead. Things always seem to unfold properly in the long run.
    Neil
    The Thamnophis Aficionado

My condolences.

So sad to read about little Athena. Sounds like even though her life was short, it was full. Quality definitely outweighs quantity when it comes to life.
    Mona (T.S. sirtalis) Melanistic
    Fiona (T.S similis) Normal

Sorry to hear it.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Sorry to hear about Athena Marnie. I'm sure it wasn't anything you did, and if anything without your care she wouldn't have survived as long as this.
    No loss is easy, especially not the first, but the upset you feel at the loss of a pet it just reinforces that you were a good person to have cared for it in the first place.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Again....thanks guys...it really means a lot. It's especially hard when you lose a snake because it isn't the same as when you lose another pet...you don't really get the same kind of sympathy from people on the street if they see that you are down and ask why and you say..."My snake just died". But on here...I know everyone truly understands. I was just afraid that I squished her little body when I was trying to get that darn shed off...she was so tiny...but she was very listless before I started to try to remove the shed. Someone else on here had recently talked about losing a snake that seemed hollow and went stiff when it died...that is exactly what happened with Athena...and I have seen it before...with the dying snake I found in my basement. I am really curious as to what causes this....is there something that we are unaware of that is a cause of death in garters that needs to be investigated further? I believe in the case the other person was describing...it was also a failure to thrive type of situation.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Sorry to hear of your loss. She was a cutie.
    Le Ann

"Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you are more likely to find one in your bedroom. I'm really afraid of Johnny Depp."

Thank you. I still haven't gotten used to her not being here. I still expect to see her in the baby tank .
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe