Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Possible RI ?

Banned

Re: Possible RI ?

The vent is usually the best place to start but don't force it too hard. You could end up peeling off the new skin. If you do manage to get it started near the vent, peel it backwards toward the head. This seems to work for me occasionally. But at this point I would say if the snake seems better, wait and see. He may have shed. Check all the substrate for skin.

No after several soaks she is doing fine ! she is acting normal... tongue flickering all over like crazy... trying to climb all over everything lol

She seems perfect now... I even got her to eat 1/2 a night crawler cut into pieces!

Here she is thanking me for her dinner!
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

That's great but the issue is still at hand. You need to determine if it is a retained shed.
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

I don't believe that it is a retained shed, I think she was just very cold and dehydrated... After soaking her and putting her under the heat light she didn't appear to look blue or faded anywhere and she lets me handle her without any problems and I couldn't find anything that looked out of place or not normal

Edit: also feeding behavior appeared normal as well.. no problems eating or didn't appear to have any of the "shakes" while eating
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

This is her stretching up the back wall... and Suzi is on the ground like who is this? lol

Anyways ... Her pattern and scales are bright and vivid with color
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

Glad to hear the new snake is doing better

However, if I were you, I'd remove her from your snake's tank. Even snakes that come from breeders and appear perfectly healthy should be quarantined for three months at least. Even if she was just cold and dehydrated, wild snakes almost all have something (be it parasites or diseases) that you don't want your pet snakes to get.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

She isn't having any problems now... just one chill radix... she doesnt seem to care much about me being around she even come to the glass to see me when i come into the room its crazy! I have never seen a snake act this way... It's like she is showing me affection
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

So, this possibly sick snakes was placed in with another snake. If any animal needed to be quarantine it would have been this one.
    Placing a questionable animal in with a healthy is rolling the dice. Not good.
    Just my opinion.

http://www.thamnophis.com/forum/husb...lk-thread.html
    Steve
    5 awesome kids!
    Emmy, Kale, Molly, Gabby, Hailee
    They are not just snakes. They're garter snakes.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/thamnophis14?feature=mhee

They are both technically wild caught, but Suzi does have a clean bill of health and I didn't really have much other sources to warm her up...

she was only in there for maybe 15 minutes and they only saw each other for a few seconds before Suzi ran off to hide... I do have her in a separate small terrarium on paper towels with a hide and treated water... I will just have to wait and see what she does... Her recovery so far is looking very good though... I will most likely get her into a vet as well though, Suzi has to go in at the end of november...
    Jonathan
    0.1 Parietalis - Suzi
    0.1 T.Radix - Xena
    My Public Photobucket

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

I ran into a similar problem when I brought in a rescue turtle this summer, and her temps needed to be at a constant 85-90 but I had no spare equipment. In the future, a dark tupperware container sat next to your snakes' enclosures works well. The plastic absorbs the heat from your pets' heat sources and creates a very warm spot.
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis