Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardboard tower

"Preparing For Fourth shed" snake man's Avatar

Re: Cardboard tower

I think the snakes might have to be the judges of that. Altough it does look good to me.
    0.1 Red axanthic x red radix

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Can you extract a reluctant snake from it, or do you have to wait until it ventures out voluntarily?
    a couple sprays of water throughout the tank usually brings them out
    0.0.1 - Thamnophis Radix
    1.1.0 - Thamnophis Marcianus / 1.1.3 - Albino

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

My thoughts exactly. Other then that, it looks cool.. When you said cardboard I didn't quite envision that

edit: Oh... There's a second page to this thread. I see.

That looks like fun, if I was a snake
    ~* Emily *~
    Canis lupus familiaris- Tippy, Thamnophis proximus orarius- Proximus, Thamnophis sirtalis parietalis- Tallie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kantar View Post
    I've made and used double sided tape to stick it to the aquarium wall... the tape didn't stick, but the snake did, 2 hours of careful peeling with a wet qtip and what made it worse was I hadn't discovered it until 24 hours later, the snake was nearly stretched flat.
    Snake is lucky to be alive. Never, EVER use tape or stickers in an enclosure. Don't even use it on the outside anywhere near the lid. No matter how impossible it might seem for them to get stuck on it, they'll find a way.

Snakes absolutely love tubes. I have some that I use, of various sizes that are strong like wood.

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Tubes. Such fun.

Banned

Placed a small one in the baby tank a while back. Every single snake in the tank crammed itself in the tube. When I pick it up, tilt it to slide them out, there's this squirming mass of snakes and there's so many of them, they clog the tube and get stuck. Like a wad of spaghetti hanging out of a garden hose, if you can picture that.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I often see a coil sticking out the end of a tube and think "So that's where she is", only to look closer and correct myself to "So that's where they are".
    Cardboard tubes are fantastic, easy to get hold of, and using them means they do something else useful before being incinerated at the local waste-to-power station.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

I just made a "log pile" out of chopped up cling-film tubes,for me marcianus. I only had it in there 10 minutes ago and she seem to love exploring it but when I bought some more plant and a fancy hide she didn't bother with them.She's just like a kid ignoring the toys and playing with the card board.
    Will

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris-uk View Post
    I often see a coil sticking out the end of a tube and think "So that's where she is", only to look closer and correct myself to "So that's where they are".
    Cardboard tubes are fantastic, easy to get hold of, and using them means they do something else useful before being incinerated at the local waste-to-power station.
    All of ours get recycled. The cellulose fibers they get from it are then used to make new products. Way more than half of the household waste in a typical home goes in a reycycling bin. Paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, etc. all gets recycled. Most of the sorting at the recycling plant is done by inmates to save money.

My power comes from hydroelectric and natural gas fired plants.

Still doesn't hurt to repurpose items first!