Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new!

Re: Something new!

Well Joe...are you going to tell me where to get them smarty pants? I'm getting a peachy...ha ha.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Those are awesome! I want!
    Kat
    2.2 T.s.pickeringii, 0.4.7 T.ordinoides 1.1 T.marcianus 1.1 T. radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis 1.2 Pseudacris regilla

Joe and I have an ongoing joke where I tell him I am coming to Illinois to steal all of his peachies...lol. He's not parting with them. Greedy bugger!
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

All the gubbins is supposed to arrive today ... but I'm at work .... happily Andy and Karolina are on the lookout.
    Collected a bunch of river stones yesterday and gave them a good bleach and scrub. Found some nice flat pieces to put under the heat-panels to add to the pieces of slate I got from my mother's house.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Well, I have been putting the first one together as a 'prototype', so to speak. Things are looking good so far and I hope to post some pics by the weekend of the first finished article, so to speak.
    I can give an opinion from the preliminary heatpanel testing - excellent. I built a small test-rig and got good temperature output - testing for 5 hours with a target floor temp of 30C at a distance of 30cm (distance will be 36cm in the vivs). I'm also not worried about surface contact. I could comfortably simulate a garter 'nosing' the bottom of the unit with no discomfort. Prolongued contact could be an issue but is not possible considering the way the vivs will be set up. Heatloss through the top of the unit is also minimal.
    I'll be able to comment on heat transfer between vivs at the weekend. I don't expect to have any problems with this but am prepared to create and air gap between the units if required
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing the photos. It's sounding like a great setup when it's all assembled.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Sounds awesome, Greg. I think I'm going to need pics of you simulating a garter nosing the heat panel though. Lol....
    Marnie

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    Sounds awesome, Greg. I think I'm going to need pics of you simulating a garter nosing the heat panel though. Lol....
    Now that should be novel! Can't wait...... sound good though Greg, I have to say I am just a wee bit.......... envious! Should look proper professional when they're done. Can't wait to see the finished result.
    ATB, Rod

DSC_1145.jpgDSC_1146.jpgDSC_1144.jpg

Here's a taster ... The nosing technique is not for discussion :P

Looks promising.