Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Expecting greeny blue things that may be orange and ditto on the big chessboard.

Quote Originally Posted by guidofatherof5 View Post
    We talking about the snake here, aren't we.
    .... .... maybe ...

Quote Originally Posted by EasternGirl View Post
    I was just looking at Cee Cee...the scale spread on her is pretty significant. She has been acting very skiddish and wanting to spend all of her time on the warm side of the enclosure. She would eat constantly if I let her. We will see... It is possible that she is just a pig. Lol...
    Sounds like the signs of a baby factory to me

Well .... I have a very restless Rusty on my hands ... I'm considering splitting the girls so I can accomodate a humid hide for the poor beasty. I also don't want miss 'food obsessed' Marina deciding to eat the wrong thing.
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

Re: Expecting greeny blue things that may be orange and ditto on the big chessboard.

Perhaps I will try to make a humid hide for Cee Cee too...she usually acts weird about those too...but I'll see if she will go in it.
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gregmonsta View Post
    Fingers crossed for the radix mate.
    I'm not convinced. There's no real bulk in the bottom third (she's got a steady girth all the way down) and no scale-spread. The time that John said the radix locked was mid-Jan I'd expect some more obvious signs.
    She's also off her food, she's not eaten since the pinky on the night she arrived with us and has refused both salmon (which was her primary diet with John) and pinky twice now. I'm getting a little more concerned about the possible infection after her vent, unfortunately I'm in Scotland all week and Char can't take her to a vet (the wife doesn't drive) so we'll be taking her to see a more experienced snake vet (the guy I saw on Tues was at a practice we've not used before, knew about reptiles in general but not very exp with snakes) when I'm home.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Sounds like a good plan, Chris. Please keep us posted.
    Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Hey Greg...The Reptile Report likes your thread. Colubrids | The Reptile Report
    Marnie

Nice to know some things I do are useful
    Keeping - 'Florida blue' sirtalis, concinnus, infernalis, parietalis, radix, marcianus and ocellatus.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

You do several things quite well Greg. Despite being a Scot.
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Found in Rusty's enclosure during the feeding session today -

Quite firm, a smaller version of what my female radix produced last year. Fingers crossed she gets them all squeezed out. I'll be giving her a proper once over again tomorrow.

Now I know why people refer to them as jelly beans. Those are the exact shape of jelly beans...interesting. I hope she is able to get them all out. Please keep us posted.
    Marnie

They look like slugs after you pour salt on them a bit too... Sort of.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)