Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SCOUSER

Re: Thamnophis + Natrix = OK?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSidedSPR View Post
    Thamnophis + Natrix = WTF

No
    You really should raise your head and take a look around ..for more years than i can remember people have kept mixed collections, usually for the aesthetic value, apart from talented snake people it has been done by zoological parks and remains a common practice with them, and yes i know that there have been spectacular **** ups with some zoo's keeping for instance snakes that would prey on their cage mate if left a little too hungry but these are the exception ......if people are so purist then leave the snakes in the wild not contained in melamine or glass ...BUT if you are prepared to dilute your purism just so you can keep these snakes in an unnatural captive state then please allow other people to dilute their purism to a state beyond yours without you being so judgmental

EDIT the above comments are about keeping the snakes together not of course breeding them
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

"Third shed, A Success" aquamentus_11's Avatar

Like already said in the other thread, i see no reason whatsoever, to mix a egg-laying and live-bearing snake of two different genus, risk god knows what, for a most likely fcked up outcome just for the hell of it

Like wtf
    redsided, this is a thread about housing them together, not breeding. if you read my comments in the xbreeding thread, you'd know that i don't even think these 2 snakes can mate. they're 2 different GENERA, buddy. it's like a chimp and a gorilla making a baby: doesn't work. the differences between livebearing and egglaying also prevent a successful mating. i assume that you're very young so i can overlook the way you act, but there's no need to be an ***. we're all friends here.
    Nate

1.0 Battlecat- Ted

I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

I feel stupid now. My dyslexia is really, really bad lately (dr tomorrow -.-) I didn't feel like reading it all -- thought this was just more about breeding. -____-

Damn. And yeah I know we're all friends I wasn't trying to be an ***.

I actually think housing them together would be fine and I have wanted to do it in the past. So let's try this again:

Thamnophis + Natrix = WHY THE FCK NOT

"Third shed, A Success" aquamentus_11's Avatar

it's ok. i was actually really surprised to see the way you responded. knew there had to be a misunderstanding of some sort.
    Nate

1.0 Battlecat- Ted

Quote Originally Posted by aquamentus_11 View Post
    i assume that you're very young so i can overlook the way you act, but there's no need to be an ***. we're all friends here.
    The way I act.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" chris-uk's Avatar

I don't see a reason that they couldn't be kept together in single sex groups, in the same way that many of us keep single sex groups of mixed garter species together. Natrix and thamnophis have similar environmental requirements, and that is all that really matters when it comes to housing them together.
    From an aesthetic perspective I'd probably keep natrix and thamnophis in separate vivs (when I eventually get some dice snakes) but if for any reason I found I needed to revise the space I was using I'd have no problem putting them together (subject to the single sex criteria).
    Chris
    T. marcianus, T. e. cuitzeoensis, T. cyrtopsis, T. radix, T. s. infernalis, T. s. tetrataenia

Quote Originally Posted by aquamentus_11 View Post
    it's ok. i was actually really surprised to see the way you responded. knew there had to be a misunderstanding of some sort.
    Yeah no doubt lol.. Dr tomorrow, maybe I'll know what the hell we're talking about from now on. >.<

fcked
    FCK
    Quit it.

SCOUSER

I feel stupid now. My dyslexia is really, really bad lately (dr tomorrow -.-) I didn't feel like reading it all -- thought this was just more about breeding. -____-

Damn. And yeah I know we're all friends I wasn't trying to be an ***.

I actually think housing them together would be fine and I have wanted to do it in the past. So let's try this again:

Thamnophis + Natrix = WHY THE FCK NOT
    I think there is nobody on the site with more enthusiasm than you and there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with the other members but maybe being so forceful with your opinion is not the way to go on some occasions, you have my sympathies with the dyslexia i suffer from the form which affects my abilities with numbers and things that come in sequential patterns...things like mobile phones and computers which explains my woeful skills with the PC
    ​I'm not actually a gynecologist...but i'll take a look.

Yeah. It's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Quit it.
    Damn it sorry. it's habit and I'm not trying to evade the filters my iPod auto corrects the word to that half a word
    Sorry I'll stop