Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thermostats?!?!

Re: Thermostats?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan-A View Post
    Still looking for a thermostate that can deal with a timer without breaking and that can control multiple enclosures. The last one I had (Zoo Med 500R) could only control two devices with one probe and it broke on day 2.
    Is this a plug in timer thingy? I was going to do this for the summer but I don't want to break my thermostat, they are not cheap!

Have you not seen the Habistat Twin Channel Thermostat?

1.1 T.s.parietalis - Manny and Olive
    1.3 Poecilia reticulata - Mojo and not yet named R.I.P Shushi =[
    0.4 Poecilia reticulata Fry - Snake grub =P
    1.0 Ampullariidae - Ernie R.I.P Bert =[

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2many View Post
    Besides giving me a vague idea of temp and humidity at anytime, they are jungle gym appliances for my snakes
    I did worry about this and was going to ask about it. Where do you have yours? And does your snake interfere with it alot?

I would want to put the sensors as close to where the snake would be as to get a more accurate reading but obviously if it's in the way for the snake to mess I will place it higher or right in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by GarterGuy17 View Post
    Well in my opinion I think a thermostat for a tank is really a waste because either way a garter is supposed to have a cold side and a warm side.
    I thought this but I would rather be safe then sorry, I am not in 100%, possibly not even 60%, of the time and don't want to just switch it off completely when I go out as my house is very cold. I am using it for a heat mat you see.

I have a separate thermometer/hygrometer to monitor the cold side so I can make sure there is always a gradient.

I will be setting the new viv up and testing all this before I put Mishka in also. I won't be putting her in right away so I will have lots of time to play about with it and the lights and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kibakiba View Post
    I don;t have any experience with them (I cant get any until I find a job, which is a long ways away with my mental issues... haha) If you can afford it, perhaps you could buy both
    You should get on eBay, I have found a few good Habistat thermostats for under £25! Also this Microclimate one I found on eBid, brand new, is only £18.99 then there's the Komodo one for £17.65 but that one is from a shop here in England but you get the idea.

I am currently not working either for similar reasons, I just save up what money I can get, it's hard though :/

And as for buying both, well knowing me I would leave myself with no money and probably not be able to decided and forget to take it back then I would have two and although that's not such a bad thing it would just be completely unnecessary

Okay....the Habistat thermostats are only available in UK and Europe...can someone recommend a thermostat to me that I can plug in lamps and mats on multiple enclosures?
    Marnie
    3.3 T.s.sirtalis 1.0 T.marcianus 1.2 T.radix 1.0 T.s.parietalis
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Marnie
    Izzy, Seeley, Ziggy, Perseus, Peanut, Snapper, Hermes, Sadie, Osiris, Seraphina, Little Joe

Considering you're in the UK, and I'm in the US, money is different. Technically speaking, anything over 10 us dollars is too expensive. I should probably be the one managing our money, my mom is always dropping hundred dollar bills all over the place and overdrafting our account. There is never even one cent left over at the end of the month.
    Chantel
    2.2.3 Thamnophis ordinoides Derpy Scales, Hades, Mama, Runt, Pumpkin, Azul, Spots
    (Rest in peace Snakey, Snap, Speckles, Silver, Ember and Angel.)

Quote Originally Posted by JodiLeigh View Post
    Is this a plug in timer thingy? I was going to do this for the summer but I don't want to break my thermostat, they are not cheap!
    It is indeed.

Have you not seen the Habistat Twin Channel Thermostat?
    Only in pictures. They don't sell them over here.

Subadult snake

My uth gets over 100* if I don't use a thermostat. In the garter tank, I have one you set the temp with. The hognose just has a dial to raise or lower, like a lamp dimmer.
    Theresa in Indy
    1.0 T marcianus, 1.1 dogs, 1.0 cat, 2.0 skin kids

I just ordered the thermostat that I posted a link for above...it's supposed to be really good and you can plug up to 3 things into it. I'm going to order a second one when I get more money in a couple of weeks and then I should be set for all of my tanks.
    Marnie