Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have a condition! RedSidedSPR's Avatar

Re: Very very worried....

If it raises it from 65/78 to 65/85 that would be great.

small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

cool. Because right before I read this that spot was at 80 so i will wait til about 6:15pm and check it again and then put the thermomiter at the other end of the tank and see what that temp is but ill have to wait a bit so that it has a chance to go back down or whatever. Thank you jesse for the help. Ill keep u updated.
    Right now Pozer is in her hide which is kinda by the other side so ill put the therm. there when I do move it cause she goes there most of the time in that area. Thanks again.
    I wanted to Thank you Steve for your help with the heating pad.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

It's all about the Fuzzies jitami's Avatar

Sounds like you're on the right track. Definitely check the 'other' side, too, but if she were too hot she'd likely be more active and trying to escape the heat. Good luck. Really wish I had more to offer. My little kingsnake is on a hunger strike right now. She came to me thin. I was just getting her up to a decent weight and now she's not eating :-( Seems like it's always something and we usually worry more than need be, but it's good to try to figure these things out.
    Tami

Oh. Because you know, it seems to me that, aside
    from being a little mentally ill, she's pretty normal.

small town of Durand,MI. which ever direction you are going out of or town you wil going uphilll

thank u tami. I put the therm to the other side so hopefully its what it needs to get to. She is in a 10gal tank by herself and still hasnt eaten or pooped. Grrr I wish she would eat. It seems like shes to young to just stop eating exspecially for 2 weeks. I just so worried about her. I hope she gets better soon.

I have 4 Easterns(mine: Furbie and Whiplash; moms: Diamond and Silky) all are 5 and half months old. So much fun gaters are.

Better to worry your *** off for no reason, and find out it's nothing, than to shrug it off and it later result in something very bad...

I agree . Thank you. The other side of the tank is back and forth between 63-65. Is that ok. Thats where they all like to sleep at anyway. Away from the light on the cooler side. Is that normal for them to do.

Yes that's normal, it's the snakes preference. Some of mine like the cool side some like it right under the heat.

63-65 is ok IF there's a 80-90 (90 is max -- no more than that, and not that much unless the cool side is 60s like that) warm side.

Thats cool cause thats my tank is at. Im glad that works. Um should I turn off the lamp til I get up in the morning(@65 degrees) or leave it on the whole time exspecially since she seems sick.

"PM Boots For Custom Title" d_virginiana's Avatar

If your house is getting down to 65 without the lamp, I'd just leave it on at night.. Maybe direct her hide so that the opening is facing away from the light so she can be in the dark if she feels like it.
    I'd really recommend getting a couple reptile heat bulbs though. They make heating sooo much less of a hassle. I don't use any extra heat at all for my snakes, but our house never drops below about 75 even in winter. But I do use them for my frog; a 100 watt during the day and a 60 watt red bulb for nighttime. They're somewhat pricey, but they last a long time, and if you're having trouble keeping a tank at the right temp gradient they can be a life saver.

If she's doing more moving about and tongue-flicking, that's definitely a good sign. Try not to worry so much about the hunger strike unless she actually starts to look thin/unhealthy; just keep offering her food, she should eventually take it once she decides it's not time to brumate
    Lora

3.0 T. sirtalis sirtalis, 1.1 T. cyrtopsis ocellatus, 1.0 L. caerulea, 0.1 C. cranwelli, 0.1 T. carolina, 0.1 P. regius, 0.1 G. rosea, 0.0.1 B. smithi, 0.1 H. carolinensis

ok ty. Right now thats the temps that can be done constant. I will change her hide so its the way you said. Ill try that. She does move about the tank alot stopping in alll different places and relaxing for a bit and then moving some more. She moving some more and I havent seen her drink at all but I saw her go in the water so I hope shes drinking at the same time. She still hasnt pooped yet and Im assuming thats because she hasnt eaten. If she has a blockage of some kind to stop her from eating and I cant feel it. Is there something I can do to help her or relax her some. Im just tring to make her as much stress free as possible.